Fuel consumption

chrissb6

Registered
Hi Guys, has anybody worked out what the difference is in fuel consumption at a constant speed between the A.B.C power settings?

I am curious myself, I take long trips with my father.
I have a gen 1
and he has a Gen 2

and his tank is empty when i am just getting past 50%.

So I wondered if The A,B,C settings on his handle bars would change his mileage at all? :thumbsup:

There have been previous posts before and I believe the consensus was that the consumption stayed the same.

I got 52m/gal a few times nursing here in C, in A, best I get is around 48, but it was not precise exact conditions.

With the 10% ethanol now in all our fuel and the difference between winter and summer gas, don't think I will ever see 52 again.

I have tested this on my 120 mile round trip commute where 90% of the ride is on the interstate. In addition to that, I have installed the CCS-100 cruise control to ensure that there were no throttle variables in the calculations.

The results were nearly identical between A, B and C.

Thanks Guys, full fat it is then! We have just come back from the Belgium F1 gp, with fuel at 1.84 euro ltr, Thats $8.5 per gallon to you guys, it seemed pointless to throw fuel at the engine just hanging around in traffic, hence my question.

No bad questions, but we do have fun around here. I've never checked mine, but with the pipe I have a feeling I'm closer to 40 than 50 MPG.

Just did a 1500-mile trip over the weekend and played around with A-B-C modes and as already pointed out by a few: no difference in mileage between modes :thumbsup:

I am :please: that the 2013 Hayabusas are hybrid and get 120 MPG. I would gladly give up 70 horsepower for an increase of 70MPG.. :please: Suzuki make us a hybrid this 200 horsepower beast only gets me an average of 38 MPG...
If you believe this I also have a 600 that can run 185MPH that I will sell you..:rofl:

NO you will not get any better MPG switching over to B or C mode. The onlything you will acheive from these 2 modes are embarassment of being out powered by a Toyota Prism with a Go Green Bumper Sticker.. By the way, what kind of oil do you use?:beerchug:

We don't hang around with the Toyota Prius crew that’s for sure:moon: lol.
We covered the 200 miles from the circuit to the port in under 3hrs including a pit stop for fuel and coffee.
In fact we turned a few head in the Porsche camp ??? when the Mighty Busa came by at well into 3 figures hauling its trailer :laugh:.

TMBF Rally Derbyshire.jpg

I am :please: that the 2013 Hayabusas are hybrid and get 120 MPG. I would gladly give up 70 horsepower for an increase of 70MPG.. :please: Suzuki make us a hybrid this 200 horsepower beast only gets me an average of 38 MPG...
If you believe this I also have a 600 that can run 185MPH that I will sell you..:rofl:

NO you will not get any better MPG switching over to B or C mode. The onlything you will acheive from these 2 modes are embarassment of being out powered by a Toyota Prism with a Go Green Bumper Sticker.. By the way, what kind of oil do you use?:beerchug:

I agree that the Hayabusa is not a economy vehicle, but why not try new ideas to save a bit of coin where you can? I know this is why I tried the A, B and C method while using my cruise control on the interstate. If C got me up from 52 MPG on the interstate to 60 you better believe I would use mode C. I am on my way to work or home and don't give a damn if I can do 150 MPH at the twist of my wrist. I still have a good time with the old girl in the mountains of north GA when I want in mode A, but having an economy switch is something I would not turn down.

I also have heli-bars, risers and lowered pegs, but I like them and they make the ride more enjoyable on the superslab.

i cant complain done 23,500 miles, and have averaged 45.1 uk mpg overall, that's equivalent to 33.8 us mpg

i'm happy with that, i dont hang around, good for 200 mph and 0-100 in 5.2 secs.

try getting 33.8 from a Bugatti vehron, i think not:laugh:

that trailer is awesome and a plus that it holds up in the triple digits. :beerchug:

We tried everything to upset it:race: it just tags along. Only concerns at the moment is that the tyre is rated at only 91mph, and our good friends in Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Back