fuel consumption

seanjoy

Registered
Cant quite believe that i did 188 miles before the reserve light came on, i did read someones post saying they got 170 to a tank, but i filled up again and it took 16ltrs so still 6 ltrs left in, pretty good figures i think for a busa , should be good for touring next year.Also seen pics of a busa on this forum with full givi luggage so will be sorting that out soon.:thumbsup:\

Mine is giving approx 34miles/gallon. It's pretty new, so I guess over the time I'll get more millage out of it.

I commute 200 miles round trip and pretty much all freeway miles. My fuel light comes on somewhere between 170'ish and on this last fill up came on at 202. Yep, I shid you not! But that is riding her easy of course. I don't mess around on roads/freeways with a lot of traffic. 170'ish was when the bike was new and improved as I broke her in. Now it's pretty consistent with the light coming on past 190 miles. Average mpg is 47. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I commute 200 miles round trip and pretty much all freeway miles. My fuel light comes on somewhere between 170'ish and on this last fill up came on at 202. Yep, I shid you not! But that is riding her easy of course. I don't mess around on roads/freeways with a lot of traffic. 170'ish was when the bike was new and improved as I broke her in. Now it's pretty consistent with the light coming on past 190 miles. Average mpg is 47. :thumbsup:

+1 i can get over 200 if im sensible !!! have been as low as 140 though :laugh:

yup check that out.. and I have also seen 50 mpg on my 2007 I told my friend he rides a 1998 honda ace 1100 cruiser and dosent believe me

Best I got on my 08 46.7mpg with a speedohealer and worst is 34.1 while riding around. Now trackday was at I think 21.3.

I have a 120 mile round trip commute to work on my 08 and fill up between 200-220 miles on the dial. I usually put 4-4.2 gallons in the tank at this point, so there is still a bit of breathing room in case I need it.

I wasted 350 so far getting it checked out synced and dignosed... mechanics cant find anything..... i am just giving up and about to waste another 300 for a power commander.. its stock with just k&n... i know its running crazy rich but how wud that be possible when the ecu is not even altered with... so thinking getting a PC III would help chill out the engine from running rich... 1st gear feel so shi**y and ughhhhh

I wasted 350 so far getting it checked out synced and dignosed... mechanics cant find anything..... i am just giving up and about to waste another 300 for a power commander.. its stock with just k&n... i know its running crazy rich but how wud that be possible when the ecu is not even altered with... so thinking getting a PC III would help chill out the engine from running rich... 1st gear feel so shi**y and ughhhhh

If you have someone nearby that would let to borrow their ECU to take it for a spin, that would be my first step in trouble shooting it.

should be good for touring next year

you still have approximately a gallon (or 4+ liters) left in the tank when the light comes on so you can still ride another 30 miles or so without any issues (provided you get normal mileage)...i usually put 5+ gallons in at each stop if i'm touring and have gone over 220 miles at 75 mph on the interstate between stops...each bike is going to be a little different so just get out and experiment to see how yours does :beerchug:

I've got 230 miles out of a tank before but that was on the interstate at a steady speed.:thumbsup:

Mine gets lousy mileage...because I'm usually riding around at 150km/h in 3rd gear. If I just go easy and use all of the gears I can get better economy, but who wants to do that?

On the road, I get 43 mpg and 39 around town. Of course I live in a SMALL town :laugh:, and around OPEN highways with little to NO traffic (well, as long as I head west) ! Like they said before, it's mostly determined by your right wrist :thumbsup:

Back