frustrating

I have all of those pieces removed. The only thing holding the fairing to the bike is where it connects to the nose. i've tried pulling it forward than down, backward then down, up then down. I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to be gentle. I had them off before to install some fairing screens and they were a b!tch then but can't get it out again.
You could do like my bud did and pull harder :shocked: He managed to break the tabs that go into the front grommets off on both sides..plus a few other bits here and there, a few scratches, and most of the push pins as well :banghead: He actually decided not to install the exhaust, pc and filter because he said he's going to try and glue the broken stuff back on and sell the bike stock. I told him he needs to fix it right but I think he's just going to get the plastic semi on and dump it on some poor sucker :banghead::(:sadlike:

Mike, I will give $500 and the old Honda in the garage, It doesn't have any plastics so you should be good to go.:rofl::rofl:

Give me a call and I will see what I can do to help.

I put a full exhaust on my friends 08 and agree it wasn't the easiest thing I have done. Plus I replaced the front cowl and right side fairing from being dropped. That was a real pain in the but. But I like a challenge and will not let something get the better of me. Some people just don't have the ability to do this kind of stuff or afraid of messing things up. They are the ones who need the dealers repair shops. But to say you are selling this awesome machine because you are limited to be able to work on it, is sad. There is so much information on this site even the rookie should figure out most things. Just my 2 cents.

Take your time, take pictures, after the first few times it gets amazingly easier...if you get frustrated stop and start tomorrow...because in gurnee it's way to cold to ride.:laugh: Plus taking the fairings off should be like undressing a beautiful woman take your time and look at every little part of her body!!!:thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thats what I did . Take your time just like EVIL said "its like undressing a fine lokin female". Thats why it took me amost 4 hours to get the body work off of mine. Its kinda like taking a girls bra off for the first time. You think u gat all the hooks undone and then realize there are a few more still to go .:laugh::laugh:
Obtw I'll give you $500 for the bike :rofl::rofl::rofl:Oh wait make that$600

Last edited:
Its a pain in the butt to work on those things so i'll up it to $800. I need to even things out since I have the easy to work on 07 model.

Back