frustrating

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I just love how everything that ANYONE makes is just a huge pain in the azz! I can't replace the plugs in my car because you have to raise the engine out of it just to get to them. Now, I can't even remove the fairing because everything is connected so f*ckin weird.

I'm tired of this bike, I can't do anything to it without being robbed by the d4mn dealerships because I can't get anything to come apart smoothly...:banghead:

First $100 takes this thorn in my side of a bike off my hands...:laugh:

the Zen of motorcycle repair...

Love what you do...

Nothing will ever dethrone the Mitsubishi 3000 Turbo car as the worlds worst sparkplug change.. when you you have to pull the intake manifold and all the emissions crap to change 3 plugs, that blows... pays $400 bucks but who cares...

Now here is the trick.. go through the treads and get a good idea of the the plastic removal or hook up with someone that has done it already.. I watched a PS bike team tear the plastics off a bike, make some motor changes and back together in under 30 minutes... just gotta take time to learn the 'Tricks'

And I will give you $300 for the bike :laugh: really just take a deep breath and realize that it is not a "FAST" job for most..

I think that is when I used to get frustrated.. knowing a job should only take an hour and it takes 3 or 4.. Heck i got to where I could replace a turbo on a Chrysler K car in about 40 minutes...

Take your time, take pictures, after the first few times it gets amazingly easier...if you get frustrated stop and start tomorrow...because in gurnee it's way to cold to ride.:laugh: Plus taking the fairings off should be like undressing a beautiful woman take your time and look at every little part of her body!!!:thumbsup:

Patience is your friend here!! And yes this bike is harder then the first model to work on!

it get's easier remember to keep all the bolts in the same can as you keep doing it you will have a little more bolts left over each time an you will see then each time it gets done faster:laugh:

the Zen of motorcycle repair...

Love what you do...

Nothing will ever dethrone the Mitsubishi 3000 Turbo car as the worlds worst sparkplug change.. when you you have to pull the intake manifold and all the emissions crap to change 3 plugs, that blows... pays $400 bucks but who cares...

Now here is the trick.. go through the treads and get a good idea of the the plastic removal or hook up with someone that has done it already.. I watched a PS bike team tear the plastics off a bike, make some motor changes and back together in under 30 minutes... just gotta take time to learn the 'Tricks'

And I will give you $300 for the bike :laugh: really just take a deep breath and realize that it is not a "FAST" job for most..

I think that is when I used to get frustrated.. knowing a job should only take an hour and it takes 3 or 4.. Heck i got to where I could replace a turbo on a Chrysler K car in about 40 minutes...

$350 and I'll pick it up :laugh:

Take your time, take pictures, after the first few times it gets amazingly easier...if you get frustrated stop and start tomorrow...because in gurnee it's way to cold to ride.:laugh: Plus taking the fairings off should be like undressing a beautiful woman take your time and look at every little part of her body!!!:thumbsup:

screw that!! grab a crow-bar n' git busy!!!:poke:

*u could always replace the fairing screws w/d-ring fastners or cotter pins:moon:*

Patience is your friend here!! And yes this bike is harder then the first model to work on!
That aint no bull :laugh: I recently helped a friend take the plastics off his 08...what a major pita. By the time I was able to help him he'd already broke several tabs off, kinda messed thing up :banghead: I won't be buying a 2nd gen just for that reason. I won't own a new busa till they redesign the plastics and make them more user friendly ???:poke::whistle: My friend is so pissed he swears he's selling his and getting something else :rofl: We'll see :laugh: It definately makes me see one HUGE reason to buy the B-King, busa power without the busa bs plastics :bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

Yeah I can understand what all you guys are saying, but a Bking over a busa are you serious

I made sure to get EVERY pin and screw out. The problem is where the fairings meet the nose. It just does not come out nicely. ANY kind of advice will be greatly appreciated!!

so far the high-bid is $350:whistle:

Take your time and learn how to do it right. I've done it many times. I can have both sides off in less than 30 minutes if I'm not in a hurry.

I made sure to get EVERY pin and screw out. The problem is where the fairings meet the nose. It just does not come out nicely. ANY kind of advice will be greatly appreciated!!

so far the high-bid is $350:whistle:

$400. :whistle:

If you have everything detached, and the inner faring has been released, the side can be gently pulled down and back. If you are unable to move it than you still have something attached. Make sure you have all of the plastic pins removed from the inner trim where it attaches to the bike and other panels. The under nose panel can be removed to make it easier. The inner trim will come off with the side panel.

You also need to lift the top panel out of the rubber grommet on the frame near the front of the tank. That trim panel also stays with the side.

$400. :whistle:

If you have everything detached, and the inner faring has been released, the side can be gently pulled down and back. If you are unable to move it than you still have something attached. Make sure you have all of the plastic pins removed from the inner trim where it attaches to the bike and other panels. The under nose panel can be removed to make it easier. The inner trim will come off with the side panel.

You also need to lift the top panel out of the rubber grommet on the frame near the front of the tank. That trim panel also stays with the side.

I have all of those pieces removed. The only thing holding the fairing to the bike is where it connects to the nose. i've tried pulling it forward than down, backward then down, up then down. I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to be gentle. I had them off before to install some fairing screens and they were a b!tch then but can't get it out again.

Well, I just love how everything that ANYONE makes is just a huge pain in the azz! I can't replace the plugs in my car because you have to raise the engine out of it just to get to them. Now, I can't even remove the fairing because everything is connected so f*ckin weird.

I'm tired of this bike, I can't do anything to it without being robbed by the d4mn dealerships because I can't get anything to come apart smoothly...:banghead:

First $100 takes this thorn in my side of a bike off my hands...:laugh:

Many here have been through the same frustrations. Ask the Captain how his first time taking plastics off went. It was not a happy time for him.
I had some choice words for Suzuki's design team.
It is not bad after a couple times. Just have to be careful and read some of the threads on the org.
Hang in there...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back