FRONT WHEEL REMOVAL

SANDFLEA85

Registered
I dont want to damage anything,i removed the 4 allen head bolts,so what now,do i need a special tool for the right side (looks like some kind of socket)

thanks

Ill just edit this up here

I got the 5/8' bolt,it fits like a glove and i tightened the clutch side allen screws back snug and she wont break free,is there a trick to this.i have been pulling for the last 20 min,all 280lbs of me and it just spins the entire axel and i have the other side as tight as possible,im thinking this wheel has never been off and the bike is an 02'

any help appreciated at this point

You can make a tool or buy one. Do a search for the correct size bolt and nut. I made mine.

i did a search,nothing came up....searched "front wheel removal"...damn,i got an appoint in 30 min to have my tires changed
all_coholic.gif

u only remove the allen bolts from the left side. you arent supposed to loosen the right side allen bolts. i bought a 5/8 interior thread coupler from home depot that works perfect.

loosen the left side allen bolts, remove the caliper, break axle loose and remove, pull front wheel. pretty easy

Not sure if you have a Fastenall around your area but i ended finding a bolt head that was large enough to fit in the opening and two nuts at the end.

It cost me 65 cents to piece everything together. If you need pictures later, send me a PM..

(OZZY @ Sep. 18 2007,11:21) u only remove the allen bolts from the left side.  you arent supposed to loosen the right side allen bolts.  i bought a 5/8 interior thread coupler from home depot that works perfect.  

loosen the left side allen bolts,  remove the caliper, break axle loose and remove, pull front wheel.  pretty easy

sweet....thanks
sweet...thanks
beerchug.gif

i should say it is the left side if u are facing the front forks which would be brake side. only loosen the brake side allen bolts.

(dadofthree @ Sep. 18 2007,14:28) Try this dude

Va, I'll compare chicken planks with ya anytime
bowdown.gif
Only if you're wearing pink...

Nice link...you are helpful
biggrin.gif

I guess we have officially jacked this dudes thread and I always get the last word, so STOP
laugh.gif
blush.gif

i CAN NOT believe a board moderator would partake in these thread jacking activities......

(OZZY @ Sep. 18 2007,14:44) i CAN NOT believe a board moderator would partake in these thread jacking activities......
laugh.gif

I'm only doing my job of keeping a topic near the top...I get NO love...

damn....I got it off,that bit#ch didnt want to budge but i got er done,new rubber on rims now just waiting on new galfer rotors,HH pads and galfer lines to show up tomorrow from Mellisa and im good to go.

just a heads up,when you pull the front wheel off its a good idea to put the axel back on the forks for stability,i learned the hard way and payed hell using a 5ton jack and front lift to get her back up,not fun when your by yourself
poke.gif

thanks

Back