front wheel damage

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
This is some of the damage to the front wheel after the 80mph rock hit, most of the bend was hammered back down so I could air it up and make it back home.
Wheel goes in to be fixed tomorrow, cost will be around $100.
I think I may have the lip polished at the same time.

DSCN1262.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say mostly luck, maybe some skill from dirtbiking.
The bike came about 8" of the ground, landed, and I immediatly put my feat out for support as I wobbled to a stop.

I'm confused did you hit a rock, did a car kick one up in your path ...... just what the heck happened to create impact damage like that?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Was driving along behind a group of cars on a very windy road.
Rounded a wide corner and there was the rock, couldn't see it because the car in front didn't swerve or anything just ran right over it, It happened extremely fast, for all I know the car may hev kicked it in my direction.
Rock was about 6" tall, enough to lift the bike about 8" of the ground, my riding partners said it looked like I was going down for sure.
Now we,ve decided to keep 200' between us and cars when riding in the curves.

I was riding my Kawa Concours behind a flat-bed truck once... He hit a bump and a cinderblock fell off the back. It broke into a couple of shards and I couldn't swerve (since they were everywhere). I tucked in tight and held on as I hit a 4" chunk at about 65 MPH. It had bounced up and demolished my underside of the fairing. Scared the poop out of me, but fortunately I did not go down.

Good save man! the wheel is repairable that is good. I hit an animal on a counrty road back in 1997,it ran out in front of me I was going about a 130mph.. I was not so fortunite.

dang, I would hate to see that animal. There is an urban legend in these parts about a guy who hit a dog at 100+ on his bike and tore the dog in half. Didn't do anything to the moto except gore it up a little.

Back