Front wheel cracked while repairing

al395

Registered
My 08 Busa front wheel had some pothole bends in it from a ride up GMR. It eventually lost air pressure a week after the canyon ride. Not taco'ed, just some bends. I took my bike in to my local bike shop and they sent it off to their wheel straightening expert assuring me that this guy works magic. I find out today that the wheel shop cracked my wheel trying to repair it and the bike shop says they are not paying for a replacement. I do not hold the bike shop responsible, rather the guy who tried straightening it. I was NOT told that I would be doing this at my own risk, not warned that if this happened, I would be the one paying for another one.

Are the front wheels on the gen II busa different than the gen I? Are there other wheels that may fit, say from a GSXR 1000?

I realize that repairing a wheel is not preferable to getting a new but I don't have the cash to plunk down on another wheel. Just doing my research before I decide to take action. I definitely am not willing to pay for another wheel!!

GEN II wheels are different than GEN I. Nothing will carry over. You could make it work but it would not be worth the time and money. I would just spring for a new wheel. Good luck.

That sux.

I would drop that shop if they dont stand behind their work. even if they contract it out.

Look for a deal on Ebay? or see if any are in the classifieds.

I would be calling the GM or store owner and let them know I brought in a wheel that was leaking some air and they sent it off to a contractor of thiers and he completely broke the wheel and I want i t replaced with a new or good used one. Bypass the service dept.

Good luck

I would'nt go cheap on saving a front wheel man. Check ebay there was a cheap one yesterday see if you can still catch it.

There is no whell shop that i know of that wont tell you that they may not be able to repair the wheel!

McWheel here in NH, will tell everyone that up front, period.
As for your wheel, if it was that far out for it to crack, it probally better that it cracked on the machine than on the road!
I myself have a few wheels straightened, with good results, but it the refinishing never matches the oem!

My wheel crack has been fixed - I made a deal with the repair place and we split the cost of a new wheel. They subcontracted out the work and didn't tell me that I was doing this at my own risk. Thanks to all that replied!

Back