Front wheel axle stuck

New_busaowner

Registered
I recently bought a 2007 Hayabusa I'm trying to remove the front wheel axle for some reason the front axle is not opening both sides of the axle just spin does anyone have any suggestions on how to open the front axle?

I recently bought a 2007 Hayabusa I'm trying to remove the front wheel axle for some reason the front axle is not opening both sides of the axle just spin does anyone have any suggestions on how to open the front axle?
That’s what happens if you loosen pinch bolts on both side, unless you have a socket holding one side and the special axle tool holding the other. At least that’s how my gen2 is.

That’s what happens if you loosen pinch bolts on both side, unless you have a socket holding one side and the special axle tool holding the other. At least that’s how my gen2 is.
Exactly right Miguel, except the 2007 is a Gen 1, not a Gen 2.
I have a Gen 1, so that's how I know it's the same as mine,.

Last edited:
the pinch bolts do not need to be completely removed . . only loosened off.
First loosen the RIGHT side pinch bolts only and be sure the LEFT side pinch bolts are tight and secure to initially loosen the axle.
Use the special tool to turn and loosen the axle from the RIGHT side and then slide the axle out.
1584851836964.png

I loosened both sides pinch bolts and the axle spun.
Gen 1 axle is quite different than Gen 2.
Gen 2 has the internal hex on the left fork leg side, and Gen 1 has it on the right fork leg side.
Gen 2 has a bolt to secure the axle, threading into the right side of the axle, RH fork leg side.
Gen 1 has a threaded tube that is clamped by the fork leg pinch bolts to secure it and prevent it turning whilst torquing up the axle.

@New_busaowner :welcome:

sorry - your question sounds as if you have no suzuki service manual yet. :confused:

my strong recommendation: ;)
get the manual first, read pedantic and start then turning screws.
that way you can avoid a lot of questions, problems and unnecessary costs.
best wishes from across the pond
the
zeigefinger.gif

little try of help:

if the wheel does not have at least 3 inches of air to the ground, the fender must be removed.
- disassemble the brake calipers
- loosen the screws of the axle clamp on the right (the left remains tight!)
- loosen and unscrew and pull axle
- take out the wheel

screws of the clamp - 23 Nm
axle - 100 Nm
screws of the fender max. 8-9 Nm
brake calipers 39 Nm
and nowhere use security lacquer like loctite or else - pure nonsense

Gen 1 axle is quite different than Gen 2.
Gen 2 has the internal hex on the left fork leg side, and Gen 1 has it on the right fork leg side.
Gen 2 has a bolt to secure the axle, threading into the right side of the axle, RH fork leg side.
Gen 1 has a threaded tube that is clamped by the fork leg pinch bolts to secure it and prevent it turning whilst torquing up the axle.
I have a gen 1, as does the OP, which is why I asked the question I asked...

Back