front Vortex bike stand prob

george3.3

Registered
I have my Busa and my wifes Gixxer 600 on rear stands but when I try to put the Vortex front stand on either bike it hits the top fairing on the top part above the tire that the head lights are mounted in. I have the same problem with both bikes you guys have any ideas?

I had the same problem...if you can make a new "pin" to put into the stand to lift the bike earlier...that was an option...I used stainless rod turned on a lathe...that may not be an option for everbody though...before that I cut down a large bolt and welded washers on it to add some height to the lift...

It was a major dissapointment that the new stand did not work as planned...actually popped the fasteners out and made "Bad" noises when lifted. I have since replaced the stand with the type that lifts under the forks.

many stem lifts require the removal of the plastic on the busa... tough order I guess...

Thanks guys I will look into more options along those lines since I know I am not doing anything wrong personally
Posted via Mobile Device

only real benefit to the stem lift is for pulling the forks... just get a fork style lift.. work fast, easy and safe.. (I do tire changes all the time on mine, no problems..

only real benefit to the stem lift is for pulling the forks... just get a fork style lift.. work fast, easy and safe.. (I do tire changes all the time on mine, no problems..

Yep, I got a Red Line front stand & it works great.

And I thought I was doing the right thing getting the more expensive and the type you see the pros using.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the LP Racing triple tree stand. I use it on my 08 Busa and my 05 CBR. I tried several triple tree stands and the LP was the only one that didn't put any real pressure on the nose plastics. It does push on it a little bit, but not enough to make any bad noises or pop any rivets. Two flat washers on the arm pin and it will not touch at all. My Busa is sleeping on them as I type. It has been on those stands for the last month.

What kind of shop should I contact to make a longer pin for me. I did think of using washers for mine but to make it work I would have put so many washers there would be nothing left to go into the stem.
Posted via Mobile Device

What kind of shop should I contact to make a longer pin for me. I did think of using washers for mine but to make it work I would have put so many washers there would be nothing left to go into the stem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Look in your yellow pages for a machine shop (may be listed under "machinist"(sp?)) in your area. Determine how much longer the pin needs to be, take them the old pin and your length measurements you need for the new one. They'll fix you right up.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Put your current stand on ebay and buy yourself a pit bull convertable front stand. It's a two piece stand which works on both the tree and forks. It's a bit spendy but it works great. Like others have said, the most popular stand are the ones that lift under the fork legs. The only time the stem stand is handy is when the forks need to come off. With the Pit Bull Convertable, you can do both. You won't be disappointed.

Back