Front Tire Wobble at 140mph????????

jeepinocala

Registered
Hey so I have done a few mods on my Busa it now is very fast still have to map it for the new nos system dont have a clue on hp yet until the dyno but I am shifting from 3rd to 4th right around 140mph maybe a little faster and my front tire comes off the ground and I had a woble for a second or two? I need to get rid of this because it does the same tire lifting from all of the gears and I really dont want to dump it at 180. Any help would be great? Is there a definit way to rid this crap?:please:

Maybe you just need to accelerate through it... keep in the throttle and ride it out...

Well the wheel must be in balance it handles real nice and I ride it often at 180 range I do ride it out but want a permanent fix it does not happen all of the time.

At those speeds I'd leave nothing to chance. Pull the wheeel and get a dynamic balance. Some have reported those balancing beads that you pour through the valve stem work well. Anyways I check the balance. Is your wobble when the tire is in the air or when you touch after coming up? Makes a difference on the answer. I'd review all components. Steering stabilizer, balance, alignment on a computer alignment machine etc. Wardie

Are you pulling bars to one side or the other and not noticing it? Wheel balance? Tread wear? Stabilizer problem? Running that fast on the back and coming down could be a number of things causing it.

Change steering damper oil to 80wt or higher. Then see if it happens again. If it does start looking at the wheels and tires. I would think if it's the wheels or tires it you would notice it at even a lower mph than 140.

Sounds like when the front end gets lite...you are moving the bars. Relax and don't put ANY input into the steering until after the weight is back on the front wheel. You could upgrade your your steering damper, but even with the BEST one on the market if you move the bars when the front is off the ground or 'lite" it's gonna have some wobble.

If your damper is stock and you've never changed out the oil for 90wt...that would be a good start.

Hey so I have done a few mods on my Busa it now is very fast still have to map it for the new nos system dont have a clue on hp yet until the dyno but I am shifting from 3rd to 4th right around 140mph maybe a little faster and my front tire comes off the ground and I had a woble for a second or two? I need to get rid of this because it does the same tire lifting from all of the gears and I really dont want to dump it at 180. Any help would be great? Is there a definit way to rid this crap?:please:

Would be a good idea to tell us the year and mileage on your bike ???

Loose or worn steering head bearings could cause this too...

Bike is a 06 with 1300 miles on it tires are good I think it may be tire pressure but the damper is stock and never touched. It happened while tire was just barley touching ground when it was light.

Sounds like when the front end gets lite...you are moving the bars. Relax and don't put ANY input into the steering until after the weight is back on the front wheel. You could upgrade your your steering damper, but even with the BEST one on the market if you move the bars when the front is off the ground or 'lite" it's gonna have some wobble.

If your damper is stock and you've never changed out the oil for 90wt...that would be a good start.

+1...i used 140 in mine tho....holy crap trying to m ove that bytch in the winter tho:laugh:

Will look at that oil change in the damper it si a good start. I may have just moved the bars it was the first time it happened it just pissed me off I dont want to end up sliding down the road at 180 you know what I mean. Is the an upgrade on the damper that does not cost 600 dollars?

I have an 06 with the same problem hits me at 150 to 160 cant blast past it. Going today to try tire balane will let you know how that works

Does the wobble happen at around 60-75 MPH range as well if so then I would say it is steering head as well. If it is just at the 140 MPH range then if I were you I would look at the tire and also I would recommend that you check the alignment of the bike all the way around if your rear is out this might cause a little head shake as well as the bike is trying to align itself at the higher speeds. Motion Pro makes an align tool :thumbsup:

Back