Front tire problem

jones2507

Registered
Theses don't even have 4,000 miles on them and I noticed this line around them and u can kind of see the bump on the right side of the tire what is this caused from and do I need to get a new tire before spring?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like the seam between compounds. If so and it is not physically separating, it is no issue.

I think I would stroll that into a shop and find out for sure. See if there was a batch recall or anything. I've never seen a compound seam do that. If there was a recall they may even replace the tire for the cost of labor.

Didn't know if anyone ever seen this and if I should stick with battlax or switch brands have to be z rated

I'd have an expert look at that tire before riding on it again. It definitely looks like a seam, and the bump looks like a weak area. You don't want that separating at speed. Maybe find a contact at Bridgestone and send the pictures to them? Here's their contact page, with some phone numbers: Bridgestone Contact Us

You may want to contact Bridgestone for piece of mind. If it were me, I'd have no issue in running that tire. The line is not straight around the tire which makes me doubt it's the separation point of the two compounds. I suspect if you keep an eye on that mark you'll see it disappear within the next couple hundred miles.

When you decide to replace your tires, if you like your Bridgestone BT016's then I'd suggest you stay with them. Bridgestone makes good tires and the BTO16 is a great tire. I've run out a number of sets when the 16's first appeared. Great grip, sweet handling, and decent mileage. Your busa loves consistency. Bouncing around between tire manufacturers never lets you maintain front end feel. My theory is: Stay with the same family of tires for a full season to avoid chasing the sweet spot. Different tires usually take different suspension settings. For the advanced rider, front end feel is just as if not more important that outright grip.

With that said, I would suggest considering moving up to the Bridgestone S20 which is the next generation of the BTO16.

My favorite tire currently available today is the Dunlop Qualifier. The current model is the Sportmax Q3. Amazing tire in the same family as the BT016 & S20. Prices are about the same.

The mark is all the way around the tire and so is the odd lump they follow each other the same all the way around

That almost looks like marks that show up on my PP's when the miles get higher on them, I always blamed it on a soft spot from manufacturing.

If there is any doubt about the tire, change it out. Getting another 1000 miles out of a tire is not worth crashing a bike let alone you.

Back