Front tire is slipping

(Revlis @ Oct. 06 2006,13:07)
(Sloto200 @ Oct. 06 2006,09:05) 42 is to high for general riding on the street.  Recommended pressure is 36 or 38... (cant remember, just woke up and still having coffee)  I run the recommended pressure and have no issues with front tire.  36- 38 front and 42 rear.
Suzuki recommends 42PSI FRONT and rear.   <-----Period.  
smile.gif

Now if he's running the OEM Slipstones he stated he's running the pressures that Suzuki recommends.  

Biggest problem I see here is the bridgestone tires, but I wouldn't really call those ALL that slippery really just NOT communicative, and hard as rocks.

I'd say it's Perception possibly or cold tires on cold pavement, maybe it's to much braking or deceleration tipping in, overloading the front maybe...
I dug out the owners manual and yes it does recommend 42 in both tires but i slightly remember a sticker on the swingarm ( i removed it along time ago ) that said 38 front and 42 rear... or maybe i heard that somewhere.. .dunno but i had issues with front slipping too and now i dont. Then again i dont run stock tires anymore either. I have the Qualifiers on and for the last 1100+ miles, i have nothing bad to say about them!

When it comes to suspension settings and tire pressure you have to remember that SUZUKI engineers are recommending a setting for your everyday rider. Suzuki engineers expect that riders learn how to and when to adjust suspenion setting and tire pressure.

With riders that range from 100lbs or less and riders that weigh 250lbs or more how can there be any ONE setting?

With riders that range from no experience to drag racing experience, to trackday experience, to commuting experience, to touring experience, to cayon road experience, and to a mix off all those how can there be only ONE setting?

With roads that vary from bumpy/cracked backroads, to expansion bumpy freeways, to smooth highways, to road course tracks, and to drag strips how can there be only ONE setting.

With aftermarket parts including anything that changes the bikes weight and balance, to any tire other than a BT-56, and to aftermarket suspension parts how can there be only ONE setting?

With speeds ranging from 5mph in corners to 165+mph in corners, how can there be only ONE setting?

The answer?? There is NO ONE setting!!! If you are an all around rider that does a little of everything and weighs what a Suzuki engineer thinks the average Busa rider weighs, then stay exactly stock with all settings!

If you weigh more or less or do something more than others, THEN LEARN HOW TO ADJUST YOUR SUSPENSION AND TIRE PRESSURE FOR EACH TYPE OF RIDING!!!! You will never see me on a trackday running BT-56s at 42psi!!!
wink.gif

Back