Front Suspension . . . Does it really soak up the bumps ?

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I've seen a few vids with camera mount up front and low down showing the front forks working through their travel limits under braking, under accel and over bumps.
I thought I'd record on film my own front end working on the roads I ride on here in the South Island.
Yep, they're two lane, narrow, bumpy as hell and medium traffic volumes in the country areas.
In short, a lot of fun !
At 2:30 front wheel gets air
Here we go . . .

Last edited:
Ok, so here's the continuation of the day's (today) ride with some pretty decent speeds achieved with no interference from any one.
The weather was crisp and clear with a slight breeze but overall perfect cool conditions for piloting the Busa!
The bike I passed at 7:14 was a 2018 KTM 1290 Super Duke and we caught him napping, unaware he was about to be 'Busafied' but he very quickly woke up and got with the program.
We stopped at the watering hole at the end of the road and he pulled in too.
He said he'd had the bike for 7 months and had done 3200km, (2000mls in your currency) so doesn't get out much... yeah he's married.
He said the lack of wind protection is the inhibiting factor, I said 'oh really?'
Anyway, was a mint day out there, no cops, no competition, but did see a sheep loose and standing in the middle of the road. Was able to slow right down and avoid the crazy thing thank God.

Last edited:
Enjoyed that Kiwi , certainly not much traffic on your ride by the looks . Great to ride in those sort of conditions eh . We got school holidays over here at the moment , so families out and about in the country . My last ride to Strath , I come across a smallish cow right on the side of the road eating grass off the roadside embankment . Lots of fauna to keep an eye out for in the Adelaide hills anyway , but cows would be close to the biggest ! .

... fork oil ... change fork seals ...

Check my manuals, could not find recommended time or mileage to replace fork oil or seals.

For "regular" street or commuter use, is 15K to 25K the industry "standard ?"

I watched this video:

No way I'm attempting that !!

No way I'm attempting that !!

I'll set up a service plan with my mechanic.

I know my limits.

Not DIY Guy.jpg

Safety First !!

Sometimes money can buy happiness.

Happy Rider.jpg

Back