Front stands

Zoinks!

Registered
Hey guys, I'm lookin to buy a front stand and have a couple questions. First, I know it needs to be one that lifts from the tripple tree being as I need to change the front tire, I have a vortex rear stand, and I like it and was considering getting the vortex front, but I don't know if I like the idea of a colapsable stand. Anyone have any experience with this type of stand? (colapsable, not neccesarily JUST the vortex, but if anyone has the vortex front, that would be great)

you can get the front wheel off with just a fork stand as well. I use a redline front stand and am very pleased. You will not be able to take off the forks with it though.

A heads up, word of warning on using a steering head tube stand,, put a towel or something like it on your front fender. Discovered this on my last bike via a large scratch in the fender due to the stand falling on it when I let the bike down. I was :cussing: to say the least.

A heads up, word of warning on using a steering head tube stand,, put a towel or something like it on your front fender. Discovered this on my last bike via a large scratch in the fender due to the stand falling on it when I let the bike down. I was :cussing: to say the least.

Thanks for the heads up Tom!

I'm Ian and I run www.redlinestands.com Even if you don't buy a stand from me stay away from the bolt together stands as the holes will get bigger and bigger over time and the stand will eventually become wobbly. He's right in that you can use a fork lift stand for wheel removal and I really must recommend that type. Busa's have so little extra room for headstock stand arms that they are too much trouble to use unless you're trying to change forks.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

I use Pitbull. I had the same front and back for the last 6 years with no problems very sturdy and awesome quality. I use the #6 front pin for my 08'.

Back