Front stand help

binx

Registered
I just got the trex triple stand super cheap. The issue Im having is there is no clearance with the arm, fender and nose. The pin fits out of the stand into the triple but when the whole stand is in there and it just fits going in sidewaysish . The pin will only go in about 1/8"-1/4" no matter what I do. Who else has these and is there a trick ?

Don't know about that particular brand, but you likely just need to tilt the base and push the arm up into the lower triple clamp. Put a rag over the fender to keep from scratching it.
You may/may not have to remove the plastic tray under the nose too(held in with pushpins).
I've had 4 gen2s on my triple clamp front stand, 2 the arm pushed the tray up, 2 it didn't touch. Seems as the depth(or a tapering diameter) of the hole in the lower triple clamp varies.
Anyway, those types of front stands can be akward until you get used to them, and the Busa(especially gen2) has less clearance between the nose and fender.:beerchug:

Are you sure you have the right pin? There are different sizes and some stands come with interchangeable pins.
Do you have calipers to measure the pin and the hole?

I pulled the pin and it fits perfect. \\ this awesome diagram shows the angle of the pin as I put it in. || I need it between these two for the angle that will work and no amount of pulling, tugging or moving helps. Its like the hole in the fork is straight up and the pin always goes at to much of an angle.

You might try lifting up on the front nose if you haven't already tried. I have Pit Bulls stands and have to pull on the nose to get the pin in the hole. Worse case you could always put the pin in a vise and bend it slightly.

Turn the wheel all the way to either side and see if that helps, thats what you need to do with Redline stand!

Back