Front sprocket replacement

36mm socket, long breaker bar or impact wrench.
Transmission in neutral.
May need to hold rear brake if using breaker bar, and can be done sitting on bike. If you have a stubborn one and no impact, you may need an extra set of hands.
Break the nut loose before taking the chain off, or rear axle nut loose(also 36mm).
Rear wheel doesn't need to be removed for stock size or smaller sprockets(front or rear), the wheel will slide forward enough to slip the chain off of either or both sprockets.
Some come off easy, some are so tight you may think it's a left hand thread, but it is a standard RIGHT hand thread.
Torque to spec, I forget exactly what it is. I'll look, but I think 60ish ft lbs, so it's easy to torque.
Clean the clutch pushrod, and a small amount of lithium grease around the part of the shaft that goes through the seal in the engine case doesn't hurt either.
Can be done without completely removing fairing, just loosen and move back to get front sprocket cover off.
If the clutch cylinder pops out of the inside of the sprocket cover, you'll have to bleed the clutch(just like brakes). That's usually a non issue, but just something to be aware of.

Thanks guys. Spring maint time. Clutch, rear brake fluid and oil change, coolant change, new plugs, clean air filter and new chain and supersprox going on.

Break the nut with your 36mm socket with rear wheel on ground & before you cut the chain off.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/supersprox/suzuki/hayabusa.html

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

Reactions: Zee
I don't know if it was made clear to you, but remove the pickup in the center of the bolt that keeps the sprocket in place. Some folks place a 2 X 4 in the rear rim on the swingarm to keep it from turning. I have been lucky on my two Busi, never had an issue with that nut spinning off with a ratchet, and instead of buying another socket bc zuki decided to change the size of this nut from the Gen I, I used the rear axle wrench provided in the tool kit. I had to bend it a little for clearance. Yes , I'm a broke azz redneck.

Back