front running lights,LED

agentadam

Registered
The front running lights that stay on with the parking lights on dont seem like LED. Is there a quality LED replacement so i can leave the parking lights on for long periods of time when downtown or somthing so i don't have to worry about someone backing into my bike or my battery running down.

The stock ones aren't LED.

I got mine from a Kragen or Pep Boys or some such place...the guy who installed them recommended it...

If you search the .oRg data, you'll find a couple of threads about it. :beerchug:

Happy hunting!

Are they bright enough? The LED singles in my car/truck arent very bright for turn signals but should be fine for parkng lights.

Should i search under GenII info or are they the same as GenI also?

All we have is Napa,Autozone,O'rielys,Car Quest,Advance Auto.

I might like blue.

Last edited:
Thanks,I'll look into it. I want one of those fat LED's not just the little ones. Didnt see any pics with just the LED's on. Are they brighter than the tower kind?

194_smt3_o_wm.jpg

Last edited:
Any auto-parts store will have these; but I recommend you call around first.

Let me see if I can find one of the threads... :beerchug:

Auto stores don't have a very large selection and often carry the cheaper brands. I if i have to tear the front fairing off i want to put the best in there but not overload the circuitry. Something reliable yet bright.

I like that pure white look,but might go with hyper blue bulbs in the futer. So many different types of bulbs. Decisions, decisions.

My question for you is this...

Do you now have the information you need to make an informed decision, or do you still need some assist?

I'm good either way, but I want to make sure you got what you needed... :beerchug:

Well apparently you only have to remove the instrument gauge cluster to get to them but all of the walkthroughs show the headlight completely out for an HID swap.

Can you change the hi/low beam bulbs without removing the front fairing also?

My question for you is this...

Do you now have the information you need to make an informed decision, or do you still need some assist?

I'm good either way, but I want to make sure you got what you needed... :beerchug:

I pretty much got it. Its basically a mater of personal opinion on bulb type. When it comes to the headlight bulbs its this or that but the new LED market is really scattered around if you know what i mean. Some of them don't have the right resistors. You put them in backwords and they melt your sockets and blow the fuses. But all of the above look like good choices.

Last edited:
Can you change the hi/low beam bulbs without removing the front fairing also?

You can do the whole deal without taking off the nose-cone fairing.

As I recall, the inner fairing panels were removed to mount the ballasts and the gauge cluster was removed, as well, to permit access. I did not do the work on my own, but watched, took some pix, and assisted where necessary.

:beerchug:

The thread mentioned posted by Blanca will answer all the above questions.

You can get to everything without taking the nose or any fairings off. Some people take the nose off to mount the ballasts for the HID's... slim ballast are easier to hide and fit fine under the meter panels.

Back