Front rotors for my 06, recommendations?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
On my ride yesterday I felt a hard shudder when applying the front brakes coming into corners at speed. Today I cleaned the bike and when rotating the front wheel it was fairly hard to spin and I could hear and feel a drag that lasted almost all the way around. I’ve felt that they’ve been slightly warped for a couple years but I only felt it during slow speed slow downs, just a slight on/off feeling just before coming to a stop. At 65,000+ miles I guess the OEMs have given up. Any brand recommendations?

I’ve always used their HH pads but oddly EBC’s website doesn’t list any rotors for my bike using their search function. WTH? Looking elsewhere online there seems to be several options for EBC rotors but which one?

Here's the picture of the box mine came in...if it helps at all...

DSC01687.JPG

DSC01688.JPG

DSC01690.JPG

Right. Even that box shows nine different rotors. All I need is a proper OEM equivalent.

At least it's a starting point...you can go on the web site and take a look at what is equivalent for a decent price. I have the XC ones on mine, there is a long laundry list of what improvements they have over stock-they came on the bike, I would have been happy with stock ones personally.

An alternative is to get a low mileage OEM set off flea bay...

Remember this is not only rotating weight , but un sprung weight reducing both makes for a better handling bike . Galfers are 22 ounces lighter than OEM , and about 600 for the pair .

How much is the budget allowing ?

Budget is sensible as I’m only looking for proper OEM equivalent quality rotors. With HH pads and SS lines they’ve always worked fine. Not changing calipers or the M/C. EBC is fine and looking around they’re from $220+ each.

EBC is good stuff to . If your not pushing hard Arashi get good reviews . I hammered them hard on the wifes bike to see how they would do , and to my surprise they exceeded my expectation greatly .
I have their Arashi Rear on RJ first abusing it regularly to see failure . None . The set is about 200 from their site .

Thanks, helluva price for all three rotors but Arashi? Chinese made? but how good? Also wouldn’t risk used OEMs no matter how straight they (mIght) be.
I was surprised too , but they are holding up very well . I can lock up the rear on RJ , and drift it around . Wifes bike will do a stoppie with them up front . The perform well on Hwy 9 in Arkansas pushed hard on her bike .

Back