Front rotors for my 06, recommendations?

I went with Arashi front rotors - after reading and researching, thought I'd give them a try. The pre and after sales support has been excellent. Haven't had a chance to ride / break them in yet, (bike still in bits) but they bolted up fine and a straight-edge showed flat as glass across the surface.

That helped.
You have been riding on used OEM rotors for what, 59k miles? Lol!

65! And Bike Bandit does not have any OEM rotors for my bike. Link?

Remember this is not only rotating weight , but un sprung weight reducing both makes for a better handling bike . Galfers are 22 ounces lighter than OEM , and about 600 for the pair .
Galfers make 2 variants , 1 of which is 1400grams and the other is 1293 grams each rotor for Gen 1 .
If you got 65k miles out of stockers , that is value so replace with oem . Or buy some real light trick Braketechs as @over200 recommends , for this quality it is worth while to pay extra ...

I’ve installed many sets of these on customers bikes. Some even came with pads which I didn’t care for. But those rotors with some ebc HH pads and you’re golden.

Well, upon buttoning up the Busa after a thorough cleaning/waxing including under the tank bra and replacing the air filter I noticed the left fork seal is leaking. :confused: I’m wondering if the shudder I felt under hard braking could be fork oil soaked brake pads? In any event, this should be expensive as I might as well change the rotors, pads and get a new front tire while it’s apart for the seals. This will be the third set of fork seals in 65,000+ miles. The OEM seals went bad fairly soon and the second set leaked a few years later after hitting a tumbleweed that blew across the road while I was making a top speed run. A tiny piece of it wedged itself under the wiper causing it to leak. What do you figure the labor will be to replace the seals, tire and pads and rotors?:eek:

Some try those fork seal cleaning tools which can remove debris and stop leaks if they are solely due to dirt lodged in there. (?)

How are the internals? Is it stock? For a rebuild for your weight and performance I highly recommend:

DMR Fork Rebuild

A big fan of Daugherty's rebuild of the VFR although saving up for the busa. Posted price is up to $355 for the rebuild.

Last edited:
Back