Front Rebound Damping Adjustment

My Busa

Registered
Front Rebound Damping Adjustment.

So, Knowing that i'm not buying new springs ect right now but weigh about 280lbs (i'm 6"8), I want the front on the firmest setting correct? Should I turn the 2 screws all the way to the right for the stiffest stock setting?

Blah, I just realized i'm not even going to mess with all that, I'll just take it to the dealership & let them do all that for me..

Sorry to waste a thread. (shrug)

I've yet to run across anyone working at a dealership that had enough suspension savy to properly tune suspension. Not saying there aren't a few out there but they are few and far between.

The first thing you need to do is set the sag. At 280 pounds you won't get the most desired numbers but you can make it better than stock settings. You cannot make the springs stiffer by turning knobs. The only way to transform the machine into happy mode with your weight is with heavier springs.

I've yet to run across anyone working at a dealership that had enough suspension savy to properly tune suspension. Not saying there aren't a few out there but they are few and far between.

The first thing you need to do is set the sag. At 280 pounds you won't get the most desired numbers but you can make it better than stock settings. You cannot make the springs stiffer by turning knobs. The only way to transform the machine into happy mode with your weight is with heavier springs.
+1000

If you want to PM me, I'll see if I can help you!

Thank you for the offer, I pmed you some info but then it said you're inbox was full and couldn't accept messages until you cleared out space so I'm going to post it hear.

Thanks for the Pm offer, any help will be appreciated.

I have a 2008 that I recently bought after moving up from a 600. I've ridden the bike & love it. I mainly bought the bike because I fit on it much better. I am 6"8 & with gear around 280lbs. I know I should buy springs, ect but after buying the bike & doing a few things to it I will have to wait for new springs. To that end, in my ignorant mind I thought I would just stiffen the bike up to it's stiffest settings based on my weight thinking that it would be better than nothing/leaving it stock. Maybe i'm wrong & should leave it alone.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts you have on the subject.

Tuf and other experts will be along but the bike just isn't designed for the big guys. You or someone else posted up about suspension parts. 800 - 900 lb. springs would probably work for you up front, then a good adjustment.

Please post what can be done as I will also be looking to do some suspension work I'm about 225lbs

Back