Front & Rear Sprockets

08 BUSA

Registered
Anyone running a 16 front and 45 back. I have a 17 and 45 now but wondering if i dropped one more on the front if it would be more on the low end for the 08.

I run a 16/44 when I race my 04. Im strechted and it spins like crazy on the street. If your stock length thats a wheelie monster.

Anyone running a 16 front and 45 back. I have a 17 and 45 now but wondering if i dropped one more on the front if it would be more on the low end for the 08.

I run the SAME Gearing as you, and i ALSO, Think i need MORE, But im 250lbs, bike stretched also! I think i might go up 2-3 teeth in the rear vrs going to 16 on the counter sprocket! I think you may start running into problems with that small of a sprocket up front :dunno: Maybe someone will chime in thats done it? :beerchug:

Something you should consider. Going smaller on the front sprocket robs HP by wrapping the chain tighter. You can also develop problems with the chain rubbing the swing arm at the pivot point especially under power. This totally upsets your swingarm geometry.

If you want your bike to perform properly, you should take these issues into consideration when changing sprockets.

Something you should consider. Going smaller on the front sprocket robs HP by wrapping the chain tighter. You can also develop problems with the chain rubbing the swing arm at the pivot point especially under power. This totally upsets your swingarm geometry.

If you want your bike to perform properly, you should take these issues into consideration when changing sprockets.

I have heard that but I have been running a -2 on my R1 for the last 5000 miles and everything seems pretty cool.

17....45....should be plenty for lots of fun on the street. That's probably what I'm doing on mine.:thumbsup:

Back