Front/rear sprocket replace

I've always heard that same thing too. My question is that always the case?? Say you bought a new chain & sprocket combo 4 your busa. You put maybe @ best a couple hundred miles on it. Just regular street miles no drag racing or hard riding just the usual and decide that you don't like the sprocket combo you have on there and want to go say +2 on the rear sprocket. So are you supposed 2 change your front sprocket as well as a new chain even though neither have seen much use just because you changed the rear sprocket?? I'm just curious and hope the experts can chime in as 2 why or why not this would be a necessity or not.

Sprockets and chains wear to fit each other.
The idea is that changing one can or will cause premature wear to the other(s).
I have changed sprockets a lot on many bikes over the years, and used the same chain.
I have never noticed a chain or sprockets wearing out any faster than usual, and my riding style was/is consistant.
The sprockets where always changed while the chain was in good condition though.
Take worn out hook teethed sprockets and put on a new chain, or a new sprockets on a worn and stretched chain, and the old worn part(s)will wear out the new part(s)much faster. This is because the worn parts make for too much slack. There is too much extra space between the teeth and chain links(regardless of which is new and which is old). That extra play causes the premature wear.
Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

Good 2 know! :beerchug:. That's what I figured but it never hurts 2 ask. I just recently picked up a set of BST's and they use a different sprocket. I barely have 500miles on the chain & sprockets and didn't want 2 replace everything again so soon

Good 2 know! :beerchug:. That's what I figured but it never hurts 2 ask. I just recently picked up a set of BST's and they use a different sprocket. I barely have 500miles on the chain & sprockets and didn't want 2 replace everything again so soon

BST's, right on.
They use a Kawasaki sprocket don't they(zx 10 or 14)?

Idk? I read up on it and supposedly they used a zx-10 or 12 sprocket but now there are sprockets you can specifically order for BST's or Marchesini etc. so I'm just gonna order the sure thing that will fit

Back