Front forks

LSS=flatblack

Registered
Hello all....new to the forum had a question about reinstalling the forks im having mine rebuilt at the local shop and was wondering when I get them back how far do you slide them up into the top clamp I was guilty of not measuring prior to removing them any help would be greatly appreciated.

Without any weight on mine I slid them till they stopped against the cover plate for the top triple. But there may be a more precise way from someone else soon.

Without any weight on mine I slid them till they stopped against the cover plate for the top triple. But there may be a more precise way from someone else soon.

Thanks that's Kinda what I figured just wanted to be ocd and make sure it's right I guess the most critical is making sure everything is straight/aligned correctly

Make sure you don't forget that there is a little plastic spacer that goes on top of the tubes

Make sure you don't forget that there stillis a little plastic spauppercer that goes on top of the tubes

Not sure if that's the plastic thing that's in the top clamp still see I didn't take the upper plate off like I probably should have hopefully I didn't break anything

If I remember right it was like a thin plastic ring. Just make sure to check to and put it together the way it came apart. If they are stuck in there taking them out and cleaning wouldn't be bad.

Only 4 bolts for that top cover.

For sure will check into it if the shop ever gets done with my forks seems like its taking forever guess that's what I get for chickening out on doing it myself:whistle:

Usually the rebound adjuster is left just proud of the top handlebar plate which equates i think to the fork legs being about 8-10 mm past the top of the yoke

Usually the rebound adjuster is left just proud of the top handlebar plate which equates i think to the fork legs being about 8-10 mm past the top of the yoke

going to try and see if I can get it close and ride a bit and see how it feels if they ever call and tell me they are ready:banghead:

Back