Front fork Oil and dust seal replacement (leaking)

SilvernBlue

Registered
Raise the front wheel by the steering stem:

S5030839.JPG

I think this is the best way when you dont have special tools to support the bike:

S5030842.JPG

S5030843.JPG

Improvised tool for compressing the Front fork leg (never mind the boxes of good danish strong beer in the background) :beerchug::

S5030847.JPG

Disassamble the legs and replace the seals by following the Suzuki Service manual. Good luck "Home mechanics" :thumbsup:

Attachments

• HbusaFrontFork.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 895
Raise the front wheel by the steering stem:

View attachment 1543765

I think this is the best way when you dont have special tools to support the bike:

View attachment 1543766

View attachment 1543767

Improvised tool for compressing the Front fork leg (never mind the boxes of good danish strong beer in the background) :beerchug::

View attachment 1543768

Disassamble the legs and replace the seals by following the Suzuki Service manual. Good luck "Home mechanics" :thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing. I buildt one myself, it works like a charm.

20210522_121709.jpg

for diassembling the leg itself
here my spec tool - i call it my 3rd hand ;)
with 4 pics.

little hint aside - notice and read the other links shown at the page too ;) - should help a lot.

the link to my ".mpeg" in the google-transl. don´t work so here the direct link to
my "educational" movie :rofl: (in german) how it works in motion

and a general thing - the fork oil needs to be replaced every 4th (not later than 5th) year
- no matter if the bike stood in the garage or was driven around 15000 miles -
because then it is over aged / bad .

my favorite manufacturer prints/stamps the filling AND expiry date (the delta is ~ 4 years) on the bottles.

Last edited:
Back