Front end smashed on my busa!

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Well as I have been patiently waiting my bike to be shipped from FL to CA via the government's pocket. I knew it was going to arrive fcked up. And it did.

It got here, and they barely had it supported in the truck when they were unloading it. The guy blew out a tire on the way here, and it @$#%^&$ smashed the front end of my bike.

Damage is as follows:

Windscreen - Broke
Front fairing - Snapped on left side
Left fairing - Snapped on left side
Left mirror- Broke
Kick stand - bent
Rear rim - gouged the rim
Dashboard - leaning sideways

So as you can probably tell, me being 6'2 and 200'lbs solid and have been training for Navy Seals training, I wanted to @#$&%*! kill this peace of #### truck driver. But I held back considering I would go to the Brig(jail) for attempted murder. I'll see what I can do to get my bike fixed, but more than likely its going to take them over 6months to fix my bike.

Also, if you know how much all this stuff is brand new so that way when they ask how much I think the damaged value is at I can tell them. And I mean brand new parts painted.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "Cleaned up the language a little :)"|1156623575 -->

Shipmate,
Calm down a little. The Navy shipped your scoot right? Get estimates for having it fixed, file it with the housing office and get reimbursed. Do the work yourself and spend the extra $$ on Mods.

NCC(SS)

Sucks to hear, but it does happen. It will take a little time, but it will get fixed.

Yes, they are liable for the damages, get a dealer to quote it for you.

Get the entire front replaced, wheels, tank... Or ask them to total it and get a new '07 when they come out soon.

(I'll buy the headlamp assy off you... if you replace it.)

(OBTW - I'm retired USN / ANG
cool.gif
)

<!--EDIT|CorrodedAlien
Reason for Edit: "because I can..."|1156622309 -->

I know it will suck - but you should post some pics so we can see the damage - if the front fairing is cracked and the cluster is moved - you could easily have a bent fairing stay as well. This will make it difficult to line up the fairings. Also, you'll need to get the fairings off and look for damage underneath - if it smashed the front, you make have broken the turn signal housings, damaged the headlight and/or the ram air tubes, pushed something through the radiator, etc. You may end up having more work in store than simply swapping the fairings. Fortunately, none of the stuff so far sounds big from a labor standpoint, you could do it yourself - but it will take some time. Best thing to do is have an estimate done by a reputable shop or by your own insurance if possible - Ron Ayers has one of the most comprehensive price listings available on line and you could get most of your costs there (www.ronayers.com). Sorry to hear about this... but the upside is that when this damage occured, you weren't on it.

thanks for the support yall, was just a little upset when my bike "from mint condition" is unloaded off the truck and all messed up. But thanks and Ill keep yall posted and let you know how the situation is being handled.

Shipmate,
Calm down a little. The Navy shipped your scoot right? Get estimates for having it fixed, file it with the housing office and get reimbursed. Do the work yourself and spend the extra $$ on Mods.

NCC(SS)
Good advice. +2. Sometimes these little mishaps can be blessings in disguise when that reimbursement check comes in.

well, hopefully its the last time i have to get it shipped anywhere. Considering my next set of orders will be overseas I wont have the need to ship my bike. But I talked to Lee's Cycle's here in San Diego and they are going to pick my bike up on Tuesday and do a write up on all the dmg. So I dont know how soon Ill get a check, but ive been told you can recieve a check withen a week, some have said a month+. Either way, if I get anything extra out of this thats not what I was looking for. I just wanted my bike down here in CA so I have a vehicle. And to ride my baby(my busa). Anyways, ill let yall know how things turn out.

Hope it works out good for ya -- give us a holler when she is up and running again -- there are a few of us busa guys in the SD area

Back