Front End Shakes when Braking

rephacker

Registered
I have Galfer rotors and stock oem brake pads. When I brake at say 60mph there is slight shaking but goes away when speed decreases.
I changed the brake fluid completely.
Any suggestions? I have tried to search on here but just wondering if anyone had any specific results?

That will happen if the pads aren't beded properly. Did you have the front tire off or change pads or rotors recently?

Rotors could be warped, tires cupped, head bearings loose, tire balance could be off

Rotors could be warped, tires cupped, head bearings loose, tire balance could be off

Also check the pattern of the rotor, Galfer recommends that they(each rotor) be opposite one another and not mirror the other if that makes sense.

Also check the pattern of the rotor, Galfer recommends that they(each rotor) be opposite one another and not mirror the other if that makes sense.

may be a stupid question but isn't there a marking or something on the rotor that shows which way to mount it?

may be a stupid question but isn't there a marking or something on the rotor that shows which way to mount it?

It's not turning the rotor around 180 degrees so the direction of rotation is reversed, but rotating one rotor so the wave patterns when viewed from the side are not in alignment. Thus when the brakes are applied the pulses from each wave rotor cancel themselves out.

Got it? :laugh::beerchug:

Cheers
ken

Back