Front end shake at 120

el stumpo

Registered
As I get more comfortable with the Busa, I'm starting to open her up a little more....

I've noticed at 120mph, the front starts to shake. Enough that I notice the DB windscreen shaking. Not a tank slapper, but is of concern especially if I start to take her faster....

Rock said to check my tuck. I took her out yesterday and concentrated on my tuck, but around 120 (I'm not staring at the speedo at that speed
wink.gif
the shake begins.

Ideas of things to check? Almost 7k miles. Stock front tire. Under 100, she's just fine. Front brakes and rotors do not show any unusual signs at slower speeds either.

TIA
beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 29 2007,23:12) How many miles on your tires
rock.gif
around 7k for the front. Rear is ready for replacement

Stop at 119
wow.gif
[/Quote]

That's an idea. Won't need a Busa then...
smile.gif
Be on the lookout in the 'for sale' section

Could be your nerves......
SHOCKED.gif
[/Quote]

I've seen 145 on my ZX1000R with my wife on the back, so I doubt that is it.
tounge.gif

Yep, sound like you bought the wrong color Busa and  get nervous going over 119mph. The Silver and greyBusa  is the fastiest color.  
tounge.gif

I have a 02 all Black LE and she gets tighter the faster she goes,at 160 she is solid,you just got the wrong color,paint her
all_coholic.gif

I agree with it being a tire issue. But I will also add that even though I have never had any sort of shake thus far, I upgraded my steering damper oil to a 30W and found her to be even more solid feeling than before. She never felt bad but as speed picked up you got a little more jittery in lane changes etc. This helped that.

I also agree the faster they go the tighter they seem to feel. 160 felt like a cruise rather than a strain.

shakes at 120... press on to 130 and up then... should smooth out...
all_coholic.gif
wow.gif

Just playin... yea if you got 7k+ on your tires... you need new shoes!

Sloto200 - believe it or not, I tried that and it continued to shake
laugh.gif

I think you're right. Baby needs new shoes.... Looking for them now.

Thanks for your help
beerchug.gif

(whitele @ Aug. 30 2007,09:38) Sloto200 - believe it or not, I tried that and it continued to shake
laugh.gif

I think you're right. Baby needs new shoes.... Looking for them now.

Thanks for your help  
beerchug.gif
New shoes and a new paint job to Silver and grey.
tounge.gif

Check the tire and rim also check your fork seals and change the fluid in your dampener.

You really shouldn't go that fast.  It is very dangerous.
beerchug.gif

I would say tires. Unless you have really dogged it nothing should be worn out yet.

Back