front end lowering

take a hole saw to your stock triple so you can push the forks up thru.

You can use reaper risers cost about $35.00 , i have 1-1/4'' on my bike. but it will also raises the handle bars up and that give you clearance so you can raise the fork tubes up.

The cheapest method would be to buy longer bolts, the four that hold the triple clamp cover to the real upper triple clamp. Get longer bolts and a stack of washers however much you want to lower. It's basically the same as reapers risers, just a bunch of little pieces.

Comprende?
beerchug.gif

Too lower the front end start by removing the four crome caps with a small screw driver and then allen bolts that hold the handle bar bracket too the upper triple tree. install your spacers its going too be tight because of your cables and brake lines. after you got spacers installed you will see a allen head on the top of the forks then look down the fork about 12 '' you will see a set of 12mm bolts that hold the bottom tree to the fork tube, loosen these first and then the top allen head then the fork tubes will slide up.

has anyone taken a hole saw to there triple tree? I would think that it would make it pretty weak and maybe crack it?

(longandlow @ Jun. 28 2007,19:39) has anyone taken a hole saw to there triple tree? I would think that it would make it pretty weak and maybe crack it?
+1 I wouldn't do it !

(longandlow @ Jun. 28 2007,22:39) has anyone taken a hole saw to there triple tree? I would think that it would make it pretty weak and maybe crack it?
The tubes would come up right thru where the handle bars clip on at. Can't do it.

I assume when you lower the front, the handlebars get closer to the windscreen, correct?

When my bars are turned, my bars are very close to my windscreen, so I assume I can't lower it.... unless I were to move my heli-bars in a position that would lower the bars?

(edubb1971 @ Jun. 29 2007,01:32) or maybe an aftermarket top clamp them you could raise or lower?
I'm sorry, but you are NOT allowed to post this picture again without a polarizing filter over the camera lens!
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif

(TurboSN95 @ Jun. 29 2007,07:42) I assume when you lower the front, the handlebars get closer to the windscreen, correct?

When my bars are turned, my bars are very close to my windscreen, so I assume I can't lower it.... unless I were to move my heli-bars in a position that would lower the bars?
Depends on the method. Using spacers will effectively raise the bars closer to the windshield and could cause an interference.

Using an aftermarket triple clamp moves the handlebars a LITTLE forward which could also cause problems.

I have this clamp, and I had to adjust (rotate) my bars a smidge so they don't hit.

triple.jpg

That's one of the triple's that I like too... nice. Maybe i'll just leave mine alone, LOL Very tough to do though.

(Shibumi @ Jun. 29 2007,05:50)
(edubb1971 @ Jun. 29 2007,01
zzwhip.gif
) or maybe an aftermarket top clamp them you could raise or lower?
I'm sorry, but you are NOT allowed to post this picture again without a polarizing filter over the camera lens!  
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
Sorr ywhat was i thinking
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yeah need to lower mine about 1/2 '" only to be flush with my new triple tree, bling factor

was wondering if I have to remove all the cowlings to get to those 4 lower bolts???

also how do you stop the forks coming all the way through as you have the weight of the entire bike on them???

jack it up??? and where???

thanks for the help

70_1.JPG

(argyle66 @ Jul. 02 2007,03:25) yeah need to lower mine about 1/2 '" only to be flush with my new triple tree, bling factor

was wondering if I have to remove all the cowlings to get to those 4 lower bolts???
At stock height you can get to them without removing anything. Its a bit tight but it can be done. The closer the nose gets to the front fender as you lower it, the harder it'll be to reach. My advice would be to remove the nose. That way you can reach the bolts no matter the height.

To remove the nose you have to remove the 3 allen bolts on each side of the nose, the small black pushpin on each inner panel, and the mirrors. From there you have to pull the nose over the holes for the mirrors (be easy yet firm). You might hear a loud "POP" ... don't worry, it scared the heck out of me too. Once you have the nose away from the bike, disconnect the light via the white connector on the sprocket-side of the bike (it'll be near the fairing) to completely pull the nose away from the bike.

also how do you stop the forks coming all the way through as you have the weight of the entire bike on them???

jack it up???  and where???[/Quote]
This can be tricky. Some people loosen the four bolts and then SLOWLY loosen the pinch bolts. Loosen them a bit then roll the bike forward and hit the front brake. Did it go down? If not, loosen them a bit more and try again.

The problem with this method is if you go lower than you wanted it'll be a pain to get the forks back down. Not to mention if the bolts are loosened too much and you hit the front brakes ... well ...

Luckily for me I have a shed in my backyard. I use one of the roof beams, this, and one of my tiedowns which I pass under the frame between the gastank and the tree. This allows me to raise the bike and remove all weight from the forks.

thanks for the help[/Quote]
Don't mention it. I didn't have anything else to do at 4 in the morning.
Perfect name I got 'eh ...

Back