front end lowering

BillD

Registered
any advice to lower the front tubes, I already installed the adaptor tree, to pass the tubes through, but was reluctant to try to lower them by myself, seems its a two person op, the rear links are already in and lowered approx 2 inches as I am vertically challanged at 5 foot 6,
thanks in advance

Lowering is easy, its raising it back up if you lower it too far that's a beotch. You need to make sure both sides are lowered exactly the same amount. Making a few marks on the tubes can help. Loosen the two bolts on the lower triple. Then slowly loosen the pinch bolt on the upper triple to the point where the tube can be moved with a little persuation, not free fall. This will help keep you from having to pick the front of the bike back up to raise the bike back up. I'd make sure I had a way to do that before starting though. I use an engine hoist with a tiedown strap around the front of the frame. Some folks will remove the plastics and put a floor jack inder the oil pan, but that could cause pan damage. You can also get a front stand that uses the searing head instead of the forks to lift. Or you could get a couple of buddies to help lift. Make sure to tighten all of the bolts back up when you are done.

how do you make the tube come through the upper tree, I tryed the left side today , but it didnt budge? should the new upper adaptor tree, be left loose? or off?

You'll have to buy an after market upper or buy the spacers to move the factory upper up. With the Reaper Risers you can get about 1 3/4 inch. You can also strap the front and lower it a little more. Dog Bones for the rear. Do a search and you should find some great instructions. It's so easy, I could do it. Be careful when lowering the front end. You might have some clearance issues with the brake and clutch levers. The brake is the biotch that can make you drop the Busa in the garage. So take care.

I just use a strap that bolts to my brake caliper mount. And haven't had a problem minus the time i had it to far and hit a pot hole and had to replace my fork seal! LOL

You'll have to buy an after market upper or buy the spacers to move the factory upper up. With the Reaper Risers you can get about 1 3/4 inch. You can also strap the front and lower it a little more. Dog Bones for the rear. Do a search and you should find some great instructions. It's so easy, I could do it. Be careful when lowering the front end. You might have some clearance issues with the brake and clutch levers. The brake is the biotch that can make you drop the Busa in the garage. So take care.

He already bought a tree, ya knucklehead :poke:

the strap method is not really a good idea... I want to do it the right way

Last edited:
I think that the new upper tree has to be left off or loose so that the tubes can travel through it easily, I have it mounted already and I think it has some give , but not enough to center inself over the tube

well its not really a problem, just asking what the best way to push the shocks through the new upper tree, I loosened the left side with the new tree in place and nothing happend when I bounced the front end using the front brake, Im assuming the upper tree is not 100% lined up with the path of the shock that has to come through it, so I was wondering if I should leave it loose until it passes through,

has anyone done this??? I thought it was a common thing to do if your short,,,, like me lol

You'll need to post up some pictures so we can see what's happening. Folks have used both methods, raising the bars or replacing the top clamp, to lower the front.

ok, how do you post pictures here, I assume you have to use a hosting site, like photobucket ? then what do I do

NO, you can upload directly to the site but you may have to resize. Check out the "manage attachments" button below. Click it and then browse to the pic you want. You can upload 5 at a time.

ok, practicing

cody.jpg

Last edited:
Back