Front end help?

Bigfisch

Registered
OK, I got Imelda back together last night. YEA ME!:cheerleader: BUT, I was an IDIOT and did not check the lighting BEFORE I buttoned everything up. I turned the key and NO lights in the front. Headlights don't come on and when I turn the blinkers on the front ones do not respond. I have tried searching on the .oRg for a thread to help me, but either I entered in words wrong, or something. Can anyone help please? I really need to get Imelda on the road again. I am having withdrawals and the Stampeede shoot is this weekend. Thanks all in advance for the help.

Check fuses, main harness connections, bulbs (there was a lot of shock), switch connections. Does the bike start and run? You can PM me if needed.

I did plug the connections for the wires.

The bulbs are brand new, high and low beam.

I still feel like a rock for not checking before:banghead:

upside is you can just pull the cluster to get at most of the stuff pretty easy..

Shid....:banghead: I forgot to mention that I can get the bike to turn over, but not start. I tried about 4 times to get it to fire and run but it did not start. :cussing:

The only thing that was NOT taken off the bike was the PC3, ECU and the tank. All the plastics were removed for repair.

Check your battery terrminals and make sure everything is clean and snug, make sure the ground wire is attached properly at both ends. Also if the battery sat around for a while without being charged it may not be able to hold a full charge anymore. I believe your local PEP-Boys, or Advaned Auto Parts can check it for you, If the battery is good, then check the fuses, one by one, and trace all the wires and make sure all the harnesses are connected. Good Luck.

It's the humidity down there once you unplug the connectors you have to spray the terminals with electrical contact cleaner. ???

Problem solved all! I shot come contact cleaner into the connections and then double checked everything and WOW the lights work! Now to get it started is kickin my arse! Thanks for the help all!:thumbsup:

Back