Front End Clunk And Jerk

Manny1901

Registered
So I was riding my 06 busa with 32k miles on it today and out of no where going around a corner I hear a loud clunk from the front end and it jerks the bike right. Just had the front sprocket and rear sprocket plus chain done. Brand new front and rear tires. I can't pinpoint what's causing it. The seals on the forks has also been replaced recently.

Just checked this I apologize I'm not mechanically inclined at all but it is loose. I can wiggle it.

1474170593554-1673369094.jpg

So inspected the bike this morning and noticed there was no brake fluid at all in the reservoir. Could that have been the clunk and the jerking I felt? I got up and ran the bike and while applying the brake they were super squishy. I just had the thing serviced and it was suppose to be checked. Could that have caused any type of damage?

Was this a one time deal? Brakes should not make bike pull to one side, but you definitely have an issue there. If the pulling and clunk is consistent then it could be seam bearings. If it was a one time thing then it could be as simple as a bad spot in the road.

Depending on how loose the damper is/was, I could see it making noise. I could also see it allowing the bike to oversteer if it came loose during a turn. As far as the MC being out of fluid. Fill it with dot4, bleed and check for leak. If no leak is found, I'd contact the service shop and raise stink.

Steering damper may just feel "loose" since both ends are heim joints. You said you just had sprockets put on. Make sure the rear axle is tight and spacers are correct. Same with front axle since you had tires done.

I wish it was a one time deal but when I fired it up yesterday morning and pulled out to drive it around the block the clunking sound came back the pulling I'm guessing came from when I applied the brakes and they "locked up" around the rotor and was still grasping it instead of releasing fully.

Had the shop pick it up today and come to find out it was the wheel bearings. They said that a majority of them have fallen out and in the process damaged something else

Back