Front Brake Rotors

Htown Busa

Registered
I have seen several pictures of bikes with only one front brake rotor. What kind of mod is this? What is involved?

you just remove everything off one side of the bike, remove the cross over hose, swap banjo fitting bolts and away you go.. lots of drag racers do this to reduce rotating mass and weight.. on the street? well you can see your high dollar aftermarket wheels better from one side..

if you ride the bike very hard at all, you may want to reconsider doing this.. front brakes are the majority of your stopping power and it may compromise how "much" stopping power you have..

No way would I do this...unless I was a (no offense) curb poser :p:
Heck, I threw on steel braded lines and the ebc pads...

I guess if you just gonna cruise up down the blvd and hang out at the wing house and bike night it's no big deal...but I wouldn't cut my stopping power in half...not on a 190 mph missle.

Last edited:
if you want it then do it. not all folk who have done this are curb posers.
I would suggest up grade'n to braided lines and EBC HH pads (front & back)
Also you'll need a dummy rotor to hide the ugly holes in the rim.
also some'n to fill in the caliper bolt holes. They have spikes or the piece you see on my bike.
you'll go thru pads a lot faster.
I haven't had any issues with stop'n at high speed or low.
I'm by no means a poser of any sort. I currently have 31K on my 06. I do like chrome though lol

DSC04624.JPG

img_5120.jpg

post-47-15902-aug_o7.jpg

New Image.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting....VERY nice bike.

I stand corrected then :upside:
I wouldna thought it

Interesting....VERY nice bike.

I stand corrected then :upside:
I wouldna thought it

now some are posers (granted), but not all
I've ran that single rotor thru the gap for the last 3 GTG's. It's not for everyone, but if you like the look then it's your bike. just know what your getting ahead of time.

With all the bellyaching about how "poor" the brakes are on the busa already.. do think it out before removing 40% of the bikes braking ability.. (I would imagine on the first or second stops, you notice little but subsequent stops (with hot brakes) might start to be an issue? certainly not a track day mod :)

With all the bellyaching about how "poor" the brakes are on the busa already.. do think it out before removing 40% of the bikes braking ability.. (I would imagine on the first or second stops, you notice little but subsequent stops (with hot brakes) might start to be an issue? certainly not a track day mod :)

I wouldn't recommend any track days with this set-up. good point

I am not happy with the brakes at is with 2 disc doubt I would take one them off.. But it does look awesome Rockadaous :bowdown::bowdown:

I never thought the Busa ever had braking issues, gen1 or gen2. Then after upgrading to SSlines and HH pads the braking became alot stronger. I have no problem braking.
My bike stops my 300lbs just fine.

rockadaous is that an aftermarket front fender?

it is. I picked it up from ebay. I can send you the seller if your interested. I will warn you though. the fit isn't perfect. you'll have to fumble with it.
It will stop on a dime, so if you guys are having issues I suggest you get it looked at.

Last edited:
No way would I do this...unless I was a (no offense) curb poser :p:
Heck, I threw on steel braded lines and the ebc pads...

I guess if you just gonna cruise up down the blvd and hang out at the wing house and bike night it's no big deal...but I wouldn't cut my stopping power in half...not on a 190 mph missle.
I couldn't have said it better!!!

I am not happy with the brakes at is with 2 disc doubt I would take one them off.. But it does look awesome Rockadaous :bowdown::bowdown:

+ 2 I want more braking power as it is, and I got the braided lines and ebc pads. I'm thinking of doing the master cylinder upgrade.

Back