Front brake rotors

Hayahorse

Registered
I have just purchased PM Hooligan chrome wheels for the Busa. Has anyone removed one caliper so the front wheel shows better? Any information on an upgrade kit that can help get the stopping power back?

Any information on an upgrade kit that can help get the stopping power back?
yeah...it's called step up with some common sense and keep the rotor in place...it's there for a reason.
wink.gif

not bashin you...just don't be a conformist.
either ride it or show it...it's very capable of doing both...separately.

Bro I dont recommend you ride with one rotor.....most bikes that show do....but if your on the street play it safe, Ive seen toooooooo many accidents and if for some reason for whatever you have a heated rotor or malfunction you dont want to be in a situation where its bail off or even worse a collision that can and will take your life....Ive got chrome rotors on all three wheels, and Im even leary at times......just my thoughts

Thanks guys. I expected this answer. I was ony going to do it if someone had an aftermarket brake system that would make up for the lost rotor. I will stick with the two rotor set up and surely thank you for it many times in the future. I appreciate the advice!

Any information on an upgrade kit that can help get the stopping power back?
yeah...it's called step up with some common sense and keep the rotor in place...it's there for a reason.
wink.gif

not bashin you...just don't be a conformist.
either ride it or show it...it's very capable of doing both...separately.
Good sound advice! I never understood that "look good,safety second" theory, If you never ride it and ONLY show it,maybe, but it still looks fakked up IMO.NJ.

If it's for show...I have a few block off plates left.  12 to be exact.  Cleans up the wheel nice. These are machined from almost 1/2 inch thick aluminum! Not a piece of tin with holes.

Will come in a machined finish, the one shown is polished.

pm me if interested.

IMG_1844_0.JPG

IMG_1368_0.jpg

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133292626 -->

i got a question with your kickstand leaning the bike over to the other side why would you have taken the rotor off thats on the kickstand side... would make more sense to take the one off on the other side that way when the bike lays on the kickstand it shows the clean wheel off....
and i have this mod done and if you get steel braded brake lines. and bleed your brakes really good when done you will not notice a stopping diff. i acutally had poor braking due to not bleeding forever when i had 2 rotors on.. then i took the one off and bleeded the brakes it was awsome.. i have ton of brake... and people whos brakes are fine ride mine and dont see a big diff. i mean its up to you but i ride mine hard and brake hard at times and its not failed me yet...
how much for the machine filler plate in polished please

Back