Front Brake Caliper Upgrades?

I also found those conversion brackets in a 108mm flavor so you can use the gen2 calipers or any of the gsxr1000 calipers. I think that the way I'm going since the calipers are cheaper then the brembos and for me will work just as well.

Agreed...Brembo didnt get the name and reputation for no reason:whistle: sometimes you overpay for a particular brand even though there is not a distinct difference between the rest. I can honestly say from experience that this is not the case when it come to Brembo

I don't do track days and I don't ride super aggressive on the street so gixerhp brembos would be over kill for me. The gsxr1000 calipers are cheaper but still a very good caliper and alot better then the gen1 calipers.

I did my research,brembo doesnt sell repair kits for the brembo calipers which i am using for my gen 1.
Brembo calipers majority comes with Ducati,need to replaced as a whole caliper instead of repairing it.

Enlighten me if i am wrong.???

Went to go install 08+ Forks and the Nissin Calipers, I ran into this issue. I assume there is suppose to be some sort of spacer? What do I need?

photobucket-4360-1346511789672.jpg

photobucket-6628-1346511775746.jpg

photobucket-6281-1346511765160.jpg

Just pop out the spacers on the forks. Hit the spacers with a little bit of lube and wiggle them out.

Went to go install 08+ Forks and the Nissin Calipers, I ran into this issue. I assume there is suppose to be some sort of spacer? What do I need?

photobucket-4360-1346511789672.jpg

photobucket-6628-1346511775746.jpg

photobucket-6281-1346511765160.jpg

My only concern is that when the nissin calipers are mounted. They do not move around. Hopefully the bolts are large enough in diameter to prevent movement.

I have read about others swapping Gen 1 forks for Gen 2 forks and brake setups and what I have found doing the research is, to use your Gen 1 wheels and rotors with new setup. You will need to space both your rotors outward 2mm to center them in the calipers. Also Gen 1 has 320mm rotors and Gen 2 has 310mm rotors so you will also need 5mm spacers on both calipers to space them outward aswell.

I am running 09-11 gsxr 1k calipers on my Gen2 busa. Direct bolt on. can be had for $200 and under on ebay. I have a set of Gen2 calipers and stock pads for sale if you want them. Pm me if interested.

Ok Just to clarify here. Any of the newer brake calipers are going to work,, they are all 108 mm spacing!

I have read about others swapping Gen 1 forks for Gen 2 forks and brake setups and what I have found doing the research is, to use your Gen 1 wheels and rotors with new setup. You will need to space both your rotors outward 2mm to center them in the calipers. Also Gen 1 has 320mm rotors and Gen 2 has 310mm rotors so you will also need 5mm spacers on both calipers to space them outward aswell.

Any other insight to this?

The search option is your best friend. I know I've read about this swap on several threads here. You need spacers on the calipers and I believe you need to space out the rotors a few millimeters too. Oh and your genI fender won't work on your genII forks neither.

Disclaimer: I have a genII which means I've never done this swap myself nor I know all the details about it. Everything I just mentioned is the things I remember from reading threads on here.

Good luck !!

Great, wish someone would of said that before I bought the stuff... I guess ill do the gsxr front fender but I really don't want to use spacers, maybe ill just get some 08 calipers. Anyone actually done this?

Okay guys this is starting to turn into a pain in the @$$ of a brake upgrade. I tried putting the forks on but the Axle was different, that came in today so tried to get it together but the calipers are so far off from fitting:

So far I have/Bought:
08+ Front Forks
08+ Front Axle
Pair of used 07 Rotors (I only had 1 front rotor/caliper before)
09 ZX14R calipers with bolts
07 GSXR 600 Fender (Was told the 600, 750, 1000 were the same of these years)

Here is how far the caliper is off the Forks:
photobucket-3449-1347822835260.jpg

What else will I need and what parts do I need to make the rest of this work?!

Thanks!

best brakes ive had were 6 pot AP racing calipers with narrow track cast iron discs,coupled with brembo master cylinder,fookn awesome,cost me £1,400 worth every penny.

Back