Front axle removal tool

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
How much do they cost? There's a picture in my manual of a guy using a nut welded to a bolt insted of the proper tool? Is that what I should do? Anyone got an extra tool they'd like to sell cheap? Thanks

Can't remember the exact size , but a bolt and two nuts is all you need. I welded mine to make sure it wouldn't slip. works great and only cost 2 bucks

I tired to make one but couldn't find the 24mm bolt and nuts anywheres. Wound up buying one on ebay for (I think) $20. Yea--a lot more than what you could weld one up for--if you could find the parts.

Snap -On makes a socket just for that 24mm Hex for $24.00 have one it fits perfect..

It's a 5/8th bolt and nut. It has a 15/16th's head, fits perfect. Weld the nut to the bolt and presto.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153885793 -->

Got this idea from another thread here, but here it is....

Go to Home Depot and buy a Rod Coupling Nut, they'll be located next to the all-thread rods. The size is
5/8"-11 x 2-1/8, I think it cost a buck or something and it fits exactly perfect, then just use a socket, done.

Specifically, it's in an orange package hanging with several other sizes. Looks like the part number is 19166.

I got one if u need to use it! I'm right by you too, we can meet up whenever. new tires?
Appreciate the offer. I'm going to Home Depot at lunch to see if they have the rod coupler that TulBusa suggested. If I strike out you'll get a PM lol. Yeah I'm buying tires next week. My back tire is bald in the center. The bike has 5400 mi on it so it's time

I got one if u need to use it! I'm right by you too, we can meet up whenever. new tires?
Appreciate the offer.  I'm going to Home Depot at lunch to see if they have the rod coupler that TulBusa suggested.  If I strike out you'll get a PM lol.  Yeah I'm buying tires next week.  My back tire is bald in the center.  The bike has 5400 mi on it so it's time
I might even have an extra... they arent a perfect fit but good enough to get the job done
smile.gif

Appreciate the offer.  I'm going to Home Depot at lunch to see if they have the rod coupler that TulBusa suggested.  If I strike out you'll get a PM lol.  Yeah I'm buying tires next week.  My back tire is bald in the center.  The bike has 5400 mi on it so it's time
I might even have an extra... they arent a perfect fit but good enough to get the job done
smile.gif
I'll keep you posted. Let's see some more pics of your flame job.

Go to Home Depot and buy a Rod Coupling Nut, they'll be located next to the all-thread rods.  The size is
5/8"-11 x 2-1/8, I think it cost a buck or something and it fits exactly perfect, then just use a socket, done.

Specifically, it's in an orange package hanging with several other sizes.  Looks like the part number is 19166.
I got one. 99 cents. Thank you
beerchug.gif

Go to Home Depot and buy a Rod Coupling Nut, they'll be located next to the all-thread rods.  The size is

Specifically, it's in an orange package hanging with several other sizes.  Looks like the part number is 19166.
I got one.  99 cents.  Thank you  
beerchug.gif
glad I could help!

Back