front axle removal help!!!!!

Re: front axle removal help!!!!!

Ahhh yeah.. thanks for this comment cuz I was thinking it was one of those righty loosen lefty tighty reverse screws or something because I'm puttin some serious torque on in and it won't budge! Will need to break out a can of spinach and try again!! Hope I don't snap something on me or the bike... haha

gonna have to put some azz into it too if its never been off,i lifted the entire front end off the floor trying to get it loose first time i took it off,i swore i was gonna break something but it gave eventually

Here's a tip - if you doing this by yourself. Measure the height of the tire off the ground or use scraps of wood or some else - I use shop manuals and stack them so they fit snuggle under the tire before I remove the tire. When replaceing the axle use the same stack to rest the tire on and presto the axle will slip right through. No fuss no muss. If you have someone to help lift the tire in place it's much easier but my helper is never seems to be around when I'm replacing the axle.

Back