front axle removal help!!!!!

jt02busa

Registered
hey whats up i havent been on here in a while the new site looks great ok so on with my question i recently purchased new rotors due to mine being warped and there is a bad vibration when braking (not at all good) so i need to know how do you remove the front axel to swap the rotors and where on earth did you get the tool called every suzuki dealership on LI and they are of course no help ok thanks for looking JOE

I made  a set up to get it off,a bolt and two nuts...$1 from home depot,i cant think of the size,i wanna say 7/8th's but im not sure,let me go find it and ill repost in a minute

its a 1" bolt about 4" long with 2 x 15/16th nuts on the bottom,fits like a glove

hole is 15/16ths hex torqued at 72ft lb

I use my oxygen sensor socket flipped over on an extension

loosen only the 2 pinch bolts on the right side of bike to start (side with hex) until you get the axle loose

gonna have to put some azz into it too if its never been off,i lifted the entire front end off the floor trying to get it loose first time i took it off,i swore i was gonna break something but it gave eventually

here's the lowes bolt method

DSC04607.JPG

The bolt size that you want is 5/8-11 (the bolt and nuts!) I know for a fact... Will fit like a glove!

thanks alot i am going to try the bolt idea tommorow. it has been off once before lets just hope its not frozen in place and is a common thread i mean lefty loosy righty tighty lololol

BTW, when I say 5/8-11 bolt I'm talking about the thread size. NOT the size wrench u put on the nut. That "would be" 15/16"

If you REALLY don't feel like making the tool (which is easy enough), You can get on SNAPON TOOLS website and look it up. They have the tool on there to fit the front axle. Its a socket, fits 1/2" Drive.

(yes, I have one)

If you REALLY don't feel like making the tool (which is easy enough), You can get on SNAPON TOOLS website and look it up. They have the tool on there to fit the front axle. Its a socket, fits 1/2" Drive.

(yes, I have one)
I have the tool as well ($14) but I like my 02 sensor socket better
smile.gif

Back