Front and rear Sprockets

08 BUSA

Registered
I am running a 17, 45 on the 08 and considering dropping to a 16 for the front would it be a noticeable difference?

I think anybody that has done the 520 conversion and dropped a tooth in the front can tell you that it makes the bike WAY snappier. My 06 gsxr 1000 was a raped ape with a tooth off the front...If however you like freeway riding, I would think about it before you do it, or at least maybe NOT do a chain size change, so you can just swap the front sprocket back if you dont like it. Also, as im sure you are probably aware, the speedo will be off a bit.

I think its still considered the biggest gain for the $$$...

I have an 07 that was stock at 17/40. Went to 17/45 when I did the big 330, but now at 16/43 and wow. Plus one tooth front =s a +3 in the rear. I realy like the 16 front. If you do alot of longer highway riding its not the way. At 5000rpm Im going 75mph. And get a speedohealer to correct your gauge if you do any gearing changes.:beerchug:

It would be noticeable. I've bought all my chains and sprockets from Charles at Street@Track :thumbsup:

16/43 is the bomb... YES u will notice a diff going -1 in the front. And DON'T put a 520 chain on a Busa...I know u did not say you were going to. But it was mentioned earlier, and I just wanted to share my opinion on this...... DO NOT DO IT!!!!

stock gearing for 08-09 busa is 18/43. ive got mine 17/45 and she will go. ive got a 47 tooth rear sprocket im going to try.

i have to get a chain and sprocket set here real soon. What do you guys think is the best sprocket setup for someone that does mostly commuting back and forth to work and hitting some twisties. I do like to do some high speed runs here and there also, so I don't really want to effect my top end a lot.

i went up 1 in the rear, what dirrerence does it make if you go up in rear on down in front? is there an advantage for one or the other? Also, i put a 530 chain on it, will this work with my stock front sprocket?

Yes 530 is the correct chain. Changing the rear is easier then the front and a little less stressful on the chain.
Posted via Mobile Device

awsome, I had a little vibration @ high speed after putting new chain and sprockets last year. Also put a rear tire on same time. Just noticed yesterday that when i put the cush drives back in i didnt seat the nipples in the holes fully. Pretty stupid mistake.
I am considering going to a 16 front with the 42 i currently have in the rear. Anyone run this combo, should it work ok at hwy speed ? I want to start drag racing it this year.

I have that one mine its not to bad. you might want to go up to a 43 in the rear for the track i found that i was shifting into 5th right at 1000 ft

Back