From the ashes, Part 3

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well, she's prepped and in the OR for surgury...an operation that will take months and alot of $!
Secure on the table for many decisions and expendatures, I can't think of a better way to spend a Winter (besides riding in a warm climate).

Streetfighter, here we come.....last two pics are European Fighters....lookin at em for ideas. Raydog

P1020971.JPG

P1020972.JPG

BigBikeHabusa[1].jpg

BobHayabusaPA[1].jpg

It just occured to me....what if I made it a naked cafe racer? As in retain the clip ons-no handlebar conversion, just cool dual headlight thing and small quarter fairing...I gotta think about that. It would keep you out of the wind on a very fast motorcycle! Doyle

Last edited:
With no fairings the oil cooler will be less important. The engine will get far more air flow around it. Keep us posted on the progress. :thumbsup:

Going to actual clip ons would be cool. One reason I never liked the streetfighters were the handlebars. Handle bars belong on dirtbikes and cruisers.
What are you gonna do about gauges ram air ducts and wiring harness
Lowered tank might be cool on there as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

i like the buell front end on that one.

and for all that other stuff, streetfightersinc.com

Get a twist clutch like that russell guy. He was on the chopper show on disc channel. Biker buildoff. Exile choppers I think is the name of the co.
Posted via Mobile Device

With no fairings the oil cooler will be less important. The engine will get far more air flow around it. Keep us posted on the progress. :thumbsup:

That makes sense, not to mention less clutter, less lines, etc. It won't be a track bike either so this is a big consideration! Thanks, Doyle

Going to actual clip ons would be cool. One reason I never liked the streetfighters were the handlebars. Handle bars belong on dirtbikes and cruisers.
What are you gonna do about gauges ram air ducts and wiring harness
Lowered tank might be cool on there as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Check out this awesome aluminum speedo/tach bracket for naked Busas....and I learned today that the whole harness can be run under the tank and out of sight.
ALSO, ck out this fender! (also for naked Busa)

GSGInstrumentBracketHaya[1].jpg

BigBikeFrontFenderBK13[1].jpg

The one on the right is from Big Bike in Germany. I know the creator personally. Awesome bike. I got a few more pics for your interest. The covers over the ram air intakes are really nice quality and clean up the bike a lot. Helps to hide some electrics as well. The black and silver one uses custom triple clamps to fit a 180 front tire!!!!! To help it around the corner with the wide rear!!! :laugh:
:beerchug:

36bd23eba9.jpg

300.3.jpg

9401af3997.jpg

72730f3334.jpg

126767b1b8.jpg

d3a9893f9a.jpg

300.2.jpg

300.7.jpg

My own streetfighter. 1999 1200cc Suzuki Bandit. Little older pics. Motor is now 1216cc, fully ported head, web cams, dynojet stage 3 carbs, K&N, timing advancer, full D&D exhaust!

Steve

IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

Beautiful bike, great details. The intake covers are a must. Wide tires look surrealistic, just not my thing (mine must do lap times around a track at least as fast as my faired Busa). Also, the lower enging cowling really completes the effect! Thanks, Raydog

Alot more thought since yesterday, really leaning toward that naked cafe racer look(as compared to regular handlebars). I did that transformation to Kawasaki KZ 1000's, a Yamaha XS-11 and other early Superbikes so it makes sense to try a Busa! Way back my third bike was a 1967 Ducati Diana 250cc roadracer....a naked bike with clip-ons.
Below are some European Busa examples (hate the paint, love the design work!) These examples have h/bars, mine would have clip-ons.
Raydog

BigBikeHayabusa[2].jpg

GSGHayabusa[1].jpg

Last edited:
that first one is bad ass. Looks like some parts from a buell maybe? cant wait til we see some build pics :beerchug:

Man, I think you're going the way I would like to see it done, going by your pictures. I LOVE the painted frame !!!

Back