From my commanding officer

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I get into work first thing this morning and got this all hands email from my Commanding officer, guess the guy does have a sense of humor lol..

I am omitting specific command name and other references.

Sorry, just this was good, had to post.

Probably will only be appreciated by people who was / is in the military, but others might also
biggrin.gif

DATE: 18DEC06

To: ALL (the nick name of our command)

SUBJECT: Visit by General CLAUS, Commander, Joint Arctic Operations Detachment (JAOD)

1. An official visit by GEN Santa (NMI) CLAUS is expected at our facilities on 25 December 2006. The following instructions will be in effect and govern the activities of all personnel during the visit.

2. All time references are local (Pacific Standard) time.

3. Not a creature will stir without official approvals and direction. This will include indigenous mice.

a. Special stirring permits for necessary administrative actions will be obtained through normal command channels. See YNC Gonzales for stirring permit forms (DD-241-334, DoD Stirring Permit, Holiday).

4. All personnel will settle their brains for a long winter nap prior to 2200 hours, 24 December 2006.

b. Uniform for the nap will be: Pajamas, Cotton, Light, Drowsing; with Kerchief, General Purpose, and Cap, with Ear Flaps.

c. Personnel not currently in possession of required uniform items may draw those articles from the logistics office prior to 1900 hours, 24 December 2005.

5. Personnel will employ standard ration sugar plums in the exercise of visions to dance through their heads. These items will be drawn from the servicing dining facility.

6. Stockings, Wool, Cushion Sole, (Red may be substituted for) OD Green for this occasion and will be hung by the chimney with care. Division Safety Petty Officers will screen the plans with particular attention to fire safety.

7. At the first sign of clatter from the lawn, all assigned personnel will spring from their beds to evaluate noise and identify cause. Designated personnel will take immediate action to tear open the shutters and throw open the window sashes. Branch Chiefs and Leading Petty Officers will familiarize personnel with appropriate procedures and are responsible for ensuring that no shutters are torn open nor window sashes thrown prior to initiation of official clatter.

9. The Transportation Officer will assign one each Sleigh, Miniature, M66, and eight (8) Deer, Rein, Tiny, for use of GEN CLAUS' driver who, in accordance with applicable regulations, must have a valid SF 46 properly annotated by Driver Testing; be authorized rooftop parking; and be prepared to shout "On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen, up Comet, up Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen", on command.

10. GEN CLAUS will enter quarters through standard chimneys. All housing units not possessing standard chimneys will draw Simulator, Chimney, M6, for use during ceremonies. Chimney simulators will be requested on a DEH Job Order Request, submitted through the logistics office, NLT 19 December 2005, and issued on temporary HR 3161, Request for Issue and Turn-In.

11. Protocol Officer and Logistics Officer will ensure that appropriate comestibles (milk and cookies) are available for GEN CLAUS' consumption during his visit.

12. Personnel will be thoroughly rehearsed in shouting "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night" and that shout will be given at the termination of GEN CLAUS' visit. Uniformity of shouting is the responsibility of the Branch Chiefs and Leading Petty Officers.

13. Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!

Respectfully,

(CO’s Name)
Commanding Officer

wow...well thought-out, I must say. Not enlisted man myself, but a few relatives n plenty friends over seas.

great joke, guess the Christmas spirit struck him bright n early today!
super.gif

Unusual for a commander to send such things... funny though.

That was great! being a Navy Veteran I can appreceiate that Christmas sentiment from a CO. Thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

(Sloto200 @ Dec. 19 2006,12:02) Unusual for a commander to send such things...  funny though.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>+1 !</span>
laugh.gif

When I was in I wish my CO would have had a sense of humor like that. You should feel lucky. All we got was same old stand information 1hr safety speech and barracks inspection for the holidays.
bowdown.gif

That was great! My CO had no sense of humer. He was Cdr. John Paul Jones Jr., the great great grandson of the father of the Navy, Captain John Paul Jones.

Back