From A Bandit To A Hayabusa

webster9zip

Registered
I've been riding my 2016 Metallic Thunder Gray / Glass Sparkle Black Busa for 3 weeks now.
Picked it up just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Drove it back to Troy, NY. A ride I'll always remember.

Seems shifting up from 1st into 2nd gear takes some getting used to. Not a fan of thinking I'm in 2nd when I'm actually in neutral. I didn't experience any shifting issues until after the break in period/oil change. "?"

I've been riding my 2016 Metallic Thunder Gray / Glass Sparkle Black Busa for 3 weeks now.
Picked it up just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Drove it back to Troy, NY. A ride I'll always remember.

Seems shifting up from 1st into 2nd gear takes some getting used to. Not a fan of thinking I'm in 2nd when I'm actually in neutral. I didn't experience any shifting issues until after the break in period/oil change. "?"

Did you use a 10W40?

Most of the affordable lubricants used (I have my oil tested and analysed just for fun) have less expensive viscosity modifiers and a after a few 100 miles the viscosity on a 10w40 is closer to a 10W30, meaning your shifting will improve. As you put more miles on, this will improve regardless.

Maybe you are babying it too much? 1st to 2nd and specially 5th to 6th, Would do that if you don't shift like you mean it.
Congrats on the new toy and be safe up there. I admire people that ride regularly in NY...........crazy drivers and messed up roads. Be safe out there.

My new busa 1.25 years ago shifted well sometime but others not so well . Installed a factory pro shift star with little gain like what it does for other bikes . It simply took miles to get sweet . 9000 miles now , and I wana say at about 2500 is were it started getting real nice . Today I have to say it is one of the best shifting bikes I have owned ( in top 3 )

man I had the same problem with my 13 It was hard to shift took it back to the dealer they said it was pretty common they told me to put some miles on the bike sure enough around 1k miles it started shifting perfectly

Back