From 1340 down to 250

likeapuma

Registered
I'm stuck in Hawaii with my busa back in CT, waiting on funds to get her shipped here! One of my buddies got sent to another island for some training so he left me with his Ninja 250...I've gotten nothing but crap from my buddies, but...it's still a motorcycle! Been over 2 months since I last got to go for a ride, so getting permission to babysit (and drive as much as I want) for the next 3 weeks is like an early Christmas!

Definitaly doesn't have any pucker factor on it, minus Hawaiian drivers, but gotta love being able to just putt along and enjoy the ride. I'm actually suprised the thing pulls me along, at 270lbs haha...goes just good enough to hop on the highway. Hopefully by the time my buddy gets back, all my money will be in the right accounts and the busa will be on the way!

Just thought I'd comment...I've missed riding so much, and even though it's not the same...I love the ride. And ps, I'd highly recommend this bike to any beginners looking for a new bike, it inspires confidence and won't scare anyone away. For all the guys saying "I'm too big for that wimpy thing"...unless pushing 300 on the scale and are over 6'3" you'll do just fine, even if you do decide to move up in a few months. I personally would buy one just to go back and forth to work on..can't beat the mileage!

Stay slow on the Like Like, oh wait, on a 250 ????.....you'll have NO PROBLEMS with Five-O.... :oldcool:

Just be careful! too little power can get you in just as much trouble as too much power..enjoy..

The wifes Ninja 250 will tote me along to triple digits just fine and is a blast to ride. Since I come in at 300ish I was surprised, and I'm just as likely to hop on the Ninja as the Busa to run an errand. Gotta shift gears a lot though, that kinda blows.

The wifes Ninja 250 will tote me along to triple digits just fine and is a blast to ride. Since I come in at 300ish I was surprised, and I'm just as likely to hop on the Ninja as the Busa to run an errand. Gotta shift gears a lot though, that kinda blows.

So you have a choice of the Busa an the Ninja...... a 250 at that an you sometimes leave the Bus......:whistle: :ban: ........... :laugh: jk

A guy offered to me let me ride his, sat on it really nice fit for a little guy like me but when I rev'd up the motor a couple of times I got off an handed him back his keys. I can't get to picky about the ladies but for the bikes I do have standards to keep:rofl:

Haha, thats the one thing I don't like about it...shifting as soon as you get going (and I don't know if the engine will start pulling my arse in 2nd haha). I haven't tried for triple digits, but the owner told me he got to 90 (gasp) going downhill :rofl: Either way, it's fun just to roll around on, beats a car

Last night I was getting it in place to lock up with a chain and ended up just picking the whole front end up and walking it around lmao...I wouldn't even attempt that with the bus

Busa will feel unreal when you get back on her. I've got an 05 ninja 500R that I putt around on and I feel like I'm raping it lol. I can get it to about 120mph but its not stable enough. Plus I look like a fool on I-95 haulin on a scooter. Switching back to the bus feels like the very first time all over.

Back