friends......riders....... countrymen, my busa's almost there, but.....

2004 busa

Registered
got tank n pump off ebay. tanks been painted to match rest of bike, all assessories installed. no more fi light ,changed front end, shorty pipe, she starts right up n idles smooth. rode her 2day for the first real seat-time since i bought her in jan. all is good except for she stumbles in 2nd gear on moderate to heavy accelleration ie: pickin up speed accellerating merging from on ramp onto hghway happens quickly about a second or so. i was reading some posts on here sounded like i may need to chk n adjust my tps.......i know how 2 jmp wires n get a code but dont know what tps stands for or where n how to adjust.... any vets :bowdown:care to help out a busa rookie with some possible alternative's that could be causing the hiccup and or what tps stands for or where how to adjust it:dunno: besides the stumble it was love at first flight:race:
'busa fo eva..........and maybe a cruiser w sidebags in about 10 more years:hide:.....................:laugh:

CIMG1537.jpg

CIMG1517.jpg

CIMG1518.jpg

CIMG1520.jpg

CIMG1522.jpg

Throttle position sensor. You can adjust your throttle position so that it reads correctly.

thanks . ill look up where it is on bike and figure out how to adjust it. ill post progress. she's coming along though gotta have the paint sanded and polished b4 i put on chrome n red decals and tank pad.

Looking good, how about the tank trim and tail light
thanks for the complement she's gettin there. as far as tank trim i need to get her back to the painter for a good wet sand and polish before i put on the chrome tank pad and chrome n red decals courtesy of ebay. was supposed to bring it 2day but took her out yesterday for 1st real seat time n caught a flat 2hrs into my maiden voyage. that dam murphy and his law:banghead: he's always wrkin. as for the tailights you cant really see in those pics but they're all there integrated into the undertail seated back almost under the grab bar.i guess it does look kind of sketchy now that u mention it i guess ill have to stay far ahead of those higher vehicles when merging n switchin lanes cause they probably wont be able 2 see my blinkers or brake lights........hmmmmm..... nice attn 2 detail

thanks.how do u like that i900 alarm thats def on my 2do list. lowlifes think they deserve a hardworkin mans posessions more than he does. s.o.b's got my 99 civic 4 mths after i bought her n put a brand new tranny in. stole her sun night n found mon aftnoon less than 2miles from my house stripped of course. so yeah i cant stand a thief. im def alarmin my busa.

From another forum, said it better than me: TPS is located on the left side of the throttle bodies, and to adjust you have to take the left fairing off because you just BARELY cant get at it with the left inner in the way. You will loosen the bolt holding the TPS and place, then rotate it up or down until you get it centered. This can be VERY touchy. Hold it in place firmly when you re-tighten the screw.

Back