Friend's Hit-N-Run

TruWrecks

Banned
Troy Travis, father of a baby girl, and friend of the family, was riding a Suzuki SV-650 hit by a u-turning vehicle last Thursday night.  He was t-boned at 40 MPH by an SUV that left the scene.

The female driver turned herself in to a local fire department after the accident.

He lost his large intestine, spleen, right tibia and fibia brokes, right elbow and arm shattered, punchired both lungs, and broke his pelvis.  He's currently in ICU at Harbor View Medical Center (Seattle).  He has a 102F fever, and he's swelling so bad the surgeons can't close his abdomen following surgery.  Everytime the doctors try to put him under for surgery, his blood pressure drops dangerously low.

He's literally hanging by a thread, and we need some big prayers for Troy!

Please send prayers and best wishes to the family.

Keep your eyes open out there!  Ride with your high-beam on in the daytime, and do whatever you can to help other drivers see you better!

Doug

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125297185 -->

sorry to hear about this. My thoughts out to his family and friends.

Update. Troy's concious, but only able to use sign language to communicate. He's currently on a ventilator to keep him breathing.
sad.gif

Speedy recovery to your friend and our prayers to his family.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125297229 -->

I'm tired of hearing about bikers being taken out. I have never seen or heard of it being worse than it seems to be this year. HID head lights are about the best way to be seen during the day on a bike and is exactly why I bought it. Prayers out to Troy and his family. If he pulls through it is going to be a long haul recovery and he will need all the support he can get. From the description of his injuries, the fact that he even made it through the accident shows he's a fighter.

Wonder what will become of the driver? At least she turned herself in.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear about your friend's accident. Prayers sent.
sad.gif

I always hate to read about a fellow biker in distress. Best wishes for his recovery. Prayer sent.

Back