Friend of mine in prision for 5.5 years

So we're all in agreement it's wrong. Your point is the sentencing of 5.5 yrs.
If you can't do the time, don't do that crime.

agree 100%.
The sentencing. As a LEO he should have known what could happen if he got caught. Unless he is like the 90% of LEO's I know and think the law don't apply to them. In which case good luck in gen pop.

Sucks for him but this quote is what kills it for me:

"My kids are my life. That's what they are going to continue to be," he said.

If he was a single guy ok , temptation is there.

But having a wife and kids he should have known that kind of hanky-panky was so far off-limits.

Just a thought - if it were a sixteen year old boy - would the women get 5.5 years??? Don't think so.

Just a thought - if it were a sixteen year old boy - would the women get 5.5 years??? Don't think so.

Very interesting Counter-point Sheila.

200px-He_said_she_said.jpg

deputy chief.....this is a guy that makes policy for other LEO to follow?

this guy has a gun and a badge....

the decisions this guy makes effects lots of people.....and he has such poor judgement. is this the guy you want making decision at a time of crisis involving your family?

when i see a 16 year old in the gym, i do not think to myself "how can i bang her".

if this were my friend, i would not be defending him....

The sentence does not fit the act... Way too long in my opinion.

They call it jailbait for a reason. He should've steered clear of it. Having said that, he will not do anywhere near that amount of time if any. An appeal ought to change the outcome a bit to the positive.

I do feel that 5 1/2 years is extremely severe. I also believe he got that sentence because he was in Law Enforcement & the Judge was making a point.

Granted she was no Angel & I am sure it wasn't her 1st time, but he knew what could happen before he grabbed his zipper.

Best thing is to never let yourself get in a situation where ANYTHING could happen.

This was the initial allegation. That charge, along with others were dropped. He was only charged with unlawful sex or something like that. The girl changed her story and it was found to not be true.

Knowing him, i would be willing to bet anything i have that he did not threaten her in any way. I think that because this came out (mind you she isnt the one who came forward, because she was ok with it) she felt she needed to save face and make this claim, to make herself look more like a victim than she really was.

this is usually the case if the girl gets caught. She lies in some shape or form. But dude should have known better. It doesn't matter if she changed her story or not she was still a minor. He's going to catch hell in jail cause they can't stand rapers and murders.

The reason i posted is because i was looking for an opinion on the sentence. As stated above, this was wanted. Granted, he should have known better, he should have walked away, but he didnt, now hes paying.

Not that its any better, but this incident happended 4 years ago, and was brought out by an ex employee who was angry at him because he fired her. She apparently knew about it the entire time, but did not come forward until she got canned.

Heres a question for you guys...is it right that he gets 5.5 years and she walks away with nothing? Technically, she did not break the law, however, she was a willing participant in what happened.
you are right... the sentence is wrong..

He was in a position of authority
He was the guy in a position to bury the facts
He knew what he was doing was wrong

He likely traumatized a kid for the rest of her life. She will probably never be able to trust most "authority figures" etc..

I could go on but frankly, most of these guys are not "one timers"

They should either be castrated or shot... I vote for the later but had to give options..)

I believe as a LEO he should have def known better. Im sure he has helped prosecute people that have done the same exact thing. Its a bad decision on his part that is going to punish his children for the next 5.5yrs. I do feel like the sentence is too long but at the end of the day he commited a sex crime and as a community we cannot be lenient on these offenses. Hes going to be released from prison and be labeled a felon and a sex offender, that punishment will be with him for the rest of his life.

you are right... the sentence is wrong..

He was in a position of authority
He was the guy in a position to bury the facts
He knew what he was doing was wrong

He likely traumatized a kid for the rest of her life. She will probably never be able to trust most "authority figures" etc..

I could go on but frankly, most of these guys are not "one timers"

They should either be castrated or shot... I vote for the later but had to give options..)

This is exactly where people get off track. She is not traumatized by this at all. She is not an innocent church going little 16 year old. She has an extensive drug past, and when i worked at the school rumor was how much of a **** she was.

Shortly after the story broke, she was in a local bar bragging about how much money she will be making from the department...bet there is a law suit coming. The sad point of all this is that at the time, this is what she wanted. She went to the gym where she knew he would be. This is not a public gym, only officers and employees of this company have access. She met him there, he let her in, and then the bad happened. Seems to me that they had to have planned this prior.

Again, im not saying he wasnt wrong, im not saying he shouldnt be punished. What i am saying is that i dont totally agree with the law. She knew what she was doing, and as a willing participant in a felony, she should face some sort of consequences also.

There's been a rash of female teachers (Authority Figures) having sex with students - I don't think they get 5.5 years - If memory serves Mary Kay Letourneau was a two time loser - went back for more while on probation...

This is exactly where people get off track. She is not traumatized by this at all. She is not an innocent church going little 16 year old. She has an extensive drug past, and when i worked at the school rumor was how much of a **** she was.

Shortly after the story broke, she was in a local bar bragging about how much money she will be making from the department...bet there is a law suit coming. The sad point of all this is that at the time, this is what she wanted. She went to the gym where she knew he would be. This is not a public gym, only officers and employees of this company have access. She met him there, he let her in, and then the bad happened. Seems to me that they had to have planned this prior.

Again, im not saying he wasnt wrong, im not saying he shouldnt be punished. What i am saying is that i dont totally agree with the law. She knew what she was doing, and as a willing participant in a felony, she should face some sort of consequences also.

The possible cash payout was what came to mind when she claimed to be traumatized by it all.
Not every young girl is innocent..

I find it rather amusing that there are some here trying to deflect HIS responsibility in the matter...doesn't matter if she was a prostitute, if he KNEW she was underaged, he made a bad decision. You guys can pick her apart all you want, she was underaged and what he did was wrong. What she did (and may still do) is sad and pathetic, but what he did was illegal.

There's no gray area here...right vs. wrong...legal vs. illegal...I can't understand any reason to deflect the responsibility from him. And I hold those same feelings for women that pray on boys. This isn't an issue of men vs. women, it's adults and the limits they KNOW EXIST when it comes to minors...

I find it rather amusing that there are some here trying to deflect HIS responsibility in the matter...doesn't matter if she was a prostitute, if he KNEW she was underaged, he made a bad decision. You guys can pick her apart all you want, she was underaged and what he did was wrong. What she did (and may still do) is sad and pathetic, but what he did was illegal.

There's no gray area here...right vs. wrong...legal vs. illegal...I can't understand any reason to deflect the responsibility from him. And I hold those same feelings for women that pray on boys. This isn't an issue of men vs. women, it's adults and the limits they KNOW EXIST when it comes to minors...

Agreed - If it were my daughter I'd think it was a hanging offense....

Back