Friend for Big Red

2003 with 19K on her. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Well, it will when I get done with a full detail on her. Adding an HID and a few other goodies well I have the fairing off. Busa is plenty comfortable for me but a little less so for my wife on the back. This will be a nice contrast to the Busa. Have a friend that has one and he can really make his LT move. He keeps up with the Busa and Gixxers we ride with. He is coming to Eureka Springs M&G in may but with be bringing his Gixxer actually. Anyway, I thought maybe Goldwing but I wanted something I could carve the corners with. She is no Busa, but 100hp is not too bad and the handling is pretty amazing for such a big beast of a bike.

Yeah 86 less horsepower and 10 pounds heavier is quite a difference. I do not have much experience on this bike but if you get the revs up and use all of that horsepower it is quite respectable. I am not concerned about crazy power on this one. Handling and decent power is what I am interested in for a tourer.

We NEED more pictures :laugh: Really - :rulez:

Great looking machine.

Was that a private owner you got it from or a dealer?
How did you find it? E-bay, Craigslist etc.
I think that model has cruise control, right? if so you will love that.
And now you can go grocery shopping with a bike. :thumbsup:

nice addition.......especially if it makes the lady happy! :beerchug:

Found it on craigslist. I have been looking at them since last fall on craigslist. Was looking for a low mile pre 2005 at the right price. Found this one and was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. Nearly perfect. He had all of the maintenance documents. He had the 6, 12, and 18k services done on time and with receipts. He did all his own fluid changes using OEM filters and oil and kept the receipts with mileage on each. I could clearly see that he maintained the bike and it was in great shape. He put about 1500 miles a year on it and did an oil change every year. Rubber only has 1500 miles on it and the chicken strips in place. Lot of good deals out there this time of year. He bought a new k1600 and wanted this one gone.

Found it on craigslist. I have been looking at them since last fall on craigslist. Was looking for a low mile pre 2005 at the right price. Found this one and was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. Nearly perfect. He had all of the maintenance documents. He had the 6, 12, and 18k services done on time and with receipts. He did all his own fluid changes using OEM filters and oil and kept the receipts with mileage on each. I could clearly see that he maintained the bike and it was in great shape. He put about 1500k miles a year on it and did an oil change every year. Rubber only has 1500 miles on it and the chicken strips in place. Lot of good deals out there this time of year. He bought a new k1600 and wanted this one gone.

Thanks for the answers.

Does it have cruise?

How much was it? PM me if you don't want to tell the world. :laugh:

More Pictures - forthcoming - right? I understand it's grey here and snowing, so I understand you MAY want a better day to take more pics. ???

Yes, electric cruise, heated seat, heated passenger seat, heated back rest, reverse, cd player, radio, and another 6 disk changer in the saddle bag, 4 speakers, and the best part, electronic adjustable windshield. PM ya.

Back