freight shipping motors. Need help with shipping

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
To anyone who ships motors.. who do you ship with?

I have used Overnight shipping for motors, But looking for a little cheaper company to ship with.   Have a r6 motor to ship to NY to KS.
Motor is straped on a atv tire on a pallet 23x29x28 and shrink wrapped.

We have a few to ship and want to get the best price.

Thanks
Geo

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138509199 -->

Not sure what the weight limits are but I just recieved a 500cc engine through Fedex if you can believe that. Cost around $16 to get it here from Oh (I'm in Ks) and that was in three days.... Total weight was around 82lbs. The engine your talking about might weigh to much but it never hurts to check.

If you take your package,put it on the smallest pallet possible,strap it,shrink wrap and cover with a cardboard box.These guys will take good care of you.I shipped a heavy motor from Oregon to Buffalo New York for $78-less than 5 days travel time,but be sure the reciever has a terminal near them first or they will have to drive to get it.Call me if you need help.Daniel 503-381-8187

Check here to see if customer is near a terminal,most big cities have them close to their airport.

Terminals

Name: FORWARD AIR, INC
Address:  24 CORPORATE CIRCLE  
E. SYRACUSE ,  NY 13057

Phone:  315-431-9870
Fax:  315-431-9873

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138558654 -->

The motor is 180 lbs and going to KS 67901 from NY It doe's not look like there is a forward air in his area, or even in the state.

I will keep looking. I ship everything with DHL but they wanted $480 to ship this! I told them they were crazy.

If anyone else has someone they use..LMK.

Thanks for the help.

Geo

IMG_2787_0.JPG

Thanks, Looks like about $200 figuring on line. But like always..It always changes when call them and try to get the price lower. I will call them monday morning.

THANKS GOLDENCHILD & KS

Back