Freeway Cruisin' Today

piratediverjefff

Registered
Rode up to see a bro in Riverside this morning and still having issues when uploading videos to YouTube(look great directly out of my computer but something's getting messed up when uploading to YouTube...they look like crap:laugh:).A lot of wind noise with the full skeleton back so next will try the touch screen back.

It was a little nippy here this morning(about 55 degrees :laugh:),but just wanted to share with you snowbound guys.:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
MUST BE NICE.

Watched the whole video and never saw anyone pass you.
Your own personal freeway to ride on and no one to stop you or even slow you down. :laugh:
Cars even pull over for you and let you by.

Yes I'm jealous, I admit it. Especially since I can't ride on this first day of winter and you can. :whistle:

What was the little button you pushed at the end to turn your camera off? Was it a hardwired remote for the GoPro? Nice video, love the sound of your exhaust too - good growl.

MUST BE NICE.

Your own personal freeway to ride on and no one to stop you or even slow you down. :laugh:

Yes I'm jealous, I admit it. Especially since I can't ride on this first day of winter and you can. :whistle:

Yeah,not much traffic today Red so I was able to cruise pretty steadily around 85-95(with a short burst now and then :laugh:),and cars are pretty aware(for the most part)of bikes out here and usually give you space when they see you coming up from behind.Those are two pretty rough stretches of freeways(except for some new asphalt on the 15 South)and can beat you up pretty good so best to keep your speed up and float over as much as you can.:laugh:

What was the little button you pushed at the end to turn your camera off? Was it a hardwired remote for the GoPro? Nice video, love the sound of your exhaust too - good growl.

It's actually a wireless remote Blrry,stuck to the panel with a bit of Velcro and tethered over by the front of the tank(makes it way easier to control the camera with gloves on).I'm really a fan of Brocks Short Meg,great sound and just loud enough to warn traffic you're comin' through.:laugh:

MUST BE NICE.

I saw a gold car in the carpool lane pass him about a half mile or so before he made the first exit ........

I saw a gold car in the carpool lane pass him about a half mile or so before he made the first exit ........

I don't know if that counts IF he was slowing down for the exit.
Maybe he let one slip by on purpose because he was almost to his friends house and getting excited. :laugh:

Gonna be 70+ all this week...:laugh:

Wait a minute - I thought 70° was cold weather riding for you. OH I forgot you got electric heated gear to ride in, right?

Only major thing about living in paradise is the high taxes. As you just showed us that traffic isn't a problem for riders in CA.

If only lane-splitting was legal everywhere. Then at least we would be a tiny bit closer to paradise. :please:

:laugh:

70 degrees is about perfect for me bro,above 80 or below 50 I don't care for(so that still leaves about 300 ideal ridin' days:laugh:).Is pretty expensive to live out here though,3 bdrm. houses to rent average $2,000-$2,500 per month(luckily we bought our house 4 yrs. ago when prices were down[and mama had $100K as a down payment]so we get by).Now,if somebody'd just shoot that worthless POS gov. Jerry Brown instead of re-electing his sorry ass we'd be better off.:laugh:

I don't know if that counts IF he was slowing down for the exit.
Maybe he let one slip by on purpose because he was almost to his friends house and getting excited. :laugh:

Actually I was leavin' his house and coming home(I had several videos and tagged them all with the same heading:laugh:).

It's 78 degrees out right now,almost too hot for me.:laugh:

Picky Picky Picky.

We don't get 300+ days to ride, so IF it's less than 100° then that is fine. Keep moving and you get a breeze.
If we only rode between 50° and 80° we might only get 90 days of riding all year, maybe less if you count rain-out days.

Ya I know it never rains in Southern CA. (Song title)

Picky Picky Picky.

We don't get 300+ days to ride, so IF it's less than 100° then that is fine. Keep moving and you get a breeze.
If we only rode between 50° and 80° we might only get 90 days of riding all year, maybe less if you count rain-out days.

Ya I know it never rains in Southern CA. (Song title)

It surely doesn't rain much out here Red,maybe 6-9" per year(we're needin' some now though,been dryer than dust for the last few).

Back