Free weight reduction tip .

The main drive in losing weight, is not the waight in itself. The main drive is, that waight wants to go straight when you want to change direction, and want to stand still when you want to accelerate. So after driving a Busa that have lost a lot of waight, a stock full fat Hayabusa suddenly feels slow, clumsy and tired, and if that is the true character of the Hayabusa, I don’t mind leaving it behind

Last edited:
The main drive in losing weight, is not the waight in itself. The main drive is, that waight wants to go straight when you want to change direction, and want to stand still when you want to accelerate. So after driving a Busa that have lost a lot of waight, a stock full fat Hayabusa suddenly feels slow, clumsy and tired, and if that is the true character of the Hayabusa, I don’t mind leaving it behind

I can understand that and to each their own obviously.

When I was researching to buy a Hayabusa, I knew what it was and what it wasn't. My bike is lighter than stock so I concur shedding weight is a good thing.

When the bike is completely altered in the quest to shed weight to the point it loses what makes it a Hayabusa is something I personally wouldn't do.

Many here have used Ti, Aluminum, light exhausts and rims but their bikes are very much identifiable as a Hayabusa whereas others aren't.

Mine is probably not identifiable any more, but have become so nimble and alive to drive, that I don´t mind. I can always look at the others when I am parked :-)

It is amazing how much foam actually weighs isn't it? I don't even know what all of those panels are but I have removed those inner side panels too and I had no problems at all. Also the flap off the back of the fender unless you ride rocky roads I guess. My radiator and oil cooler look fine.

You removed some of the dash pieces??? Weight loss, I guess but I need the full dash. OH I see now, you removed the foam. Like I said it's amazing how much that stuff weighs. You can get rid of the entire inner side panels though. I've done 160 plenty of times and never had my fairings fly off.

Remove the trunk bolts and replace with plastic bolts.

Bar end weights, mirrors, I haven't begun to really dig into the free weight loss mods on the busa yet.

Last edited:
Mythos I'm documenting this years reduction. Remember a few months ago 508 wet full of fuel video. My goal is to reduce another 3 to 4 pounds by fine tuning fat parts to weigh less . Some more titanium to get maybe a pound or two . With my stock seat in place over the heavy tour seat ,and rack removed RJ might be 497 to 499 by December 2020 . Keep in mind this is still full bodywork, passenger pegs , cruise control.

im 15 Kg heavier .

Out in the Texas country riding.JPG

With fairing, brackets, original rear frame, seat and plastics, that is impressive. I don´t have any of it and my rear frame only weight 1 kg

Reactions: c10
Can’t save any weight on my Caddy c10 :laugh:. Bought some new BrakeMotive front rotors and Power Stop CF infused ceramic pads that weigh five pounds! Each two section pad, and there are four of them, measure almost 3”x5”. Gotta keep them Brembos happy. I have just under 110,000 miles on the original rotors.

Since my last post, I mounted BST wheels and a more precise weight. With 21 liters fuel I am now on 98,7 kg. rear and 113,6 kg. front. = 212,3 kg. total wet weight.
I know that It no longer looks like a Busa, and is not in everyones taste, but after I tested the new 2021 Hayabusa the other day and found it incredible slow and clumsy in comparison, and I have tried all the 1000 cc sportsbikes, but have missed the power of my Woolich flashed Busa engine, I can inform you who are considering a more sportier handling alternative to your Hayabusa, that you have it in there already. You just have to get rid of the unnecessary weight :-)
C7643002-B250-49CC-900E-576D4C06DAC2.jpeg

E3AFA6D2-DCE2-4086-9B1F-F80D58ECAFE5.jpeg
C199C3EE-F6FD-4801-8553-EC69D096B773.jpeg

Back