Free weight reduction tip .

...BMI (body mass index), which is based on the height and weight of a person, is an inaccurate measure of body fat content and does not take into account muscle mass, bone density, overall body composition, and racial and sex differences, say researchers from the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania.
I agree.

When I think of weight loss on a Hayabusa and it's relevance, I always go back to these series of videos and the skills of the rider who rips the old girl around that track. I'm sure he has weight saving in mind as well as the balance between power and how/when to use it.

Hi, I’m Jerry and I suffer from PMI. Pie mostly ingested, although sometimes worn as I frolic through the woods saying I’m a Busa !!!! Lol

No pies were harmed in the finding of this online article......bwahahaha
A38BCD9C-4524-4239-BC58-3E6100581D53.jpeg

Last edited:
When I think of weight loss on a Hayabusa and it's relevance, I always go back to these series of videos and the skills of the rider who rips the old girl around that track. I'm sure he has weight saving in mind as well as the balance between power and how/when to use it.

Skill is everything and it’s the area where most of us can make the biggest improvement/investment

Not waight saving, but the key to making your stock suspension work properly. The cast of the compression pistons is to rough and the oil holes to small for proper flow. You drill the oil holes bigger and grind the surfaces smooth, so the stack can work properly, and then you stack it lighter and you can adjust your suspension between comfort and feeling with every click. Stock they have compensated for badly made compression pistons with much too hard stack, and it works like poop, but you can fix it like this

9738B1D2-E1D3-4E25-9538-D53F3E9ED707.jpeg

Not waight saving, but the key to making your stock suspension work properly. The cast of the compression pistons is to rough and the oil holes to small for proper flow. You drill the oil holes bigger and grind the surfaces smooth, so the stack can work properly, and then you stack it lighter and you can adjust your suspension between comfort and feeling with every click. Stock they have compensated for badly made compression pistons with much too hard stack, and it works like poop, but you can fix it like this

View attachment 1613376
Have a before photo?

Have a before photo?
No, but the shiny surfaces on the photo are stock rough like the rest, and are the surfaces that ideally should be tight against the stack, but stock are not, why the oil press around the stack and the stack does not work properly. The round holes are stock 1,1 mm. witch I drilled to 2,5 mm.

No, but the shiny surfaces on the photo are stock rough like the rest, and are the surfaces that ideally should be tight against the stack, but stock are not, why the oil press around the stack and the stack does not work properly. The round holes are stock 1,1 mm. witch I drilled to 2,5 mm.
Wonder what the race tech gold valves look like in comparison.

Wonder what the race tech gold valves look like in comparison.
Don’t know. But this worked wonders for me. The difficult part is finding the right balance in your stack, and you might have to dissemble it a few times to get it right if you are not experienced with suspension, but the stock stack is much to hard to open when needed. Strange that many factories did not spend the pennies this would have cost fixing in production.

I never understood that BMI thing either. By those standards, we are all obese, unless we look like we’ve been starving for a year.
You are 100% correct; the charts that they go by & every one of them hanging in doctor's offices are created, payed for and issued by insurance companies. This is done so the majority of average normal people can be labled as unfit since these guidelines are unobtainable. Insurance companies don't have to pay out as often for some events which is the plan.

I've seen pictures of Hayabusas which the main drive is to lose weight, some of them have lost the character of the Hayabusa in this quest...

I think there is a limit as to how much weight you can take away from a Hayabusa and still have it remain true to form. It is after all a 20 yr+ old design and was light for it's day.

Back